0: Keep your head up!

"You owe them this."

"No. No. You don't get to pull yourself out of this one." The figure snarled, pacing the moonlit pavement. "Not again. You don't get to abandon them again."

Silence befell the still, Autumn night. The figure sighed, their breath visible in the fog. "This is what you're gonna do. You're gonna call him. You're gonna chat with him. And then, afterward, you are to remind him that he owes you something. Got it? This is the least you can do after what you've done. You're gonna ask for a favor. And what you're gonna ask is.....

I don't come from a particularly loaded family.

And nobody in my family is particularly popular. I'm certainly not famous enough myself.

Closest I've got is my dad back in Hadong, who looks scarily like Park Jin-young (if he squinted.)

But I don't live with him anymore. Nor with my mother.

I live with my older sister, Ki-nam, in Seoul. Sometimes she goes by Lammy. All times she's a moron.

We may not be the poorest in the country, but we still end up having to be cautious when it comes to spending. As a result, Ki-nam has to work about 2 jobs whilst I attend school.

Speaking of school...

The school I attend is located roughly 25 minutes from the apartment. Typically I catch the bus to and fro. Yesterday was an exception, as my sister had that rare day off the clock.

The school's got a pretty simplistic name – Seoul's Himchan Arts High School. The Himchan (힘찬) stands for spirited. We typically shorten it to Himchan Arts, though.

It's got the basic education curriculum in it of course, but as it specialises in forms of art, it lends out a lot of support and supplies to help people achieve their dreams successfully. A lot of people benefitted from it, and true to the motto, they really had become successful.

As K-pop grew more mainstream with the '2nd gen' leaking overseas, more and more people started to apply to support their dream of becoming the next big idol whilst still getting a satisfactory education in case it were to ever fail.
And as K-pop grew bigger...
                                                           ...the trainees grew younger.

Young enough to still be attending school.

This is where Himchan Arts got its abundance of famous idols.

With the rising popularity of K-pop, they realised that they could cater to this new audience.
The school sent out new advertisements, promising fame with their plentiful resources. Sure enough, people caught wind. Powerful people.
Particularly, idol agencies.

Not only was it extra training, resources and free criticism for their rising stars, but it was also guaranteed to give them a high-quality education. Not to mention convenient, it being so close-by in the city.