Sleepover Reflection - Sundrop Angst

Characters featured + pronouns:
- Sundrop (any pronouns)
- Glamrock Chica (she/her?)
- Roxanne Wolf (she/her?)
- Glamrock Freddy (he/him?)
- Glamrock Bonnie (he/they?)
- Montgomery Gator (he/they?)
- Glamrock Helpy (they/them)
- Glamrock Foxy (it/its)
- Lolbit (he/him)

Characters mentioned + pronouns:
- Bryan Divil (he/him)
- Glitchtrap (he/it?)
- Adrien Toadstool? (they/it)
- Showtime Steve (he/it/star) (hc)
- Moondrop (any pronouns)

Ships:
- Implied Roxanne x Chica?
- Steve x Foxy

Duos:
- None

POV:
TheFamousFilms

TW:
None

Oneshot Type:
Angst

___________________________

Sun opened his eyes slowly, took in a deep breath, and glanced around the dark space he and his friends were resting in.

Chica's room was dead silent, minus a calm hum that came from a few of the animatronics on the floor, and the only real light sources came from a few of his friends' neon glow-in-dark elements, as well as a lava lamp set up on the corner. If Sun were to check the time in their systems right now, it would've read 2:50 AM.

The sleepover had been rather serene and somber all evening, and by now, everyone had abandoned their sleeping bags, opting to lie on the floor, huddled together, most of them crowding around Sun himself.

Sundrop lay in the center with his arms stretched out, not wishing to change positions due to the animatronics laying on them. Roxanne and Chica were laying to his right, Chica's back pressed against his side, and her arms cocooned around Roxanne, who was facing toward her. On Sun's left side, was Freddy, who was clutching a pillow to his chest and facing away from him, with Bonnie and Monty laying next to him, both sprawled out.

Sun was pretty sure Freddy was still awake though, given how much he had felt Freddy shift in the night. He knew that all of them were stressed, but probably Freddy the most since Freddy was supposed to be their leader, their voice of reason. His name's on the sign after all! But, Sun had noticed how when Freddy was alone, he never could relax. Never could be anything but stressed. All his friends were in danger, and he was in charge of making the calls. What else was he supposed to do? Moments like those always tore at Sun's heart, especially given his circumstances...

On Sun's chest, Helpy was curled up in a ball like a cat, while their tablet was charging on one of the side tables. Helpy had been the last one to lay down out of all of them, and Sun didn't blame them given the amount of work both Bryan and Glitchtrap had been piling on them, and honestly were just happy they were resting for once. That didn't stop him from worrying though...

While he knew Helpy didn't exactly consider them friends, Sun still cared for them. Not as much as Moon did, but Sun still cared. He understood what it was like.

To be treated and called useless.

To feel unwanted.

That feeling stuck with them every day.

And god, did Sun feel like sh*t every time.

Glamrock Foxy was curled up by Sun's head, with a blanket around it, and in arm outstretched to the space next to it. While everyone had told it what was going on with Bryan and Adrien, they still struggled to confess what they had to tell Steve. All of them knew that Steve was in the wrong, but it also broke their hearts to be the ones to explain to Foxy that its boyfriend was on the wrong side, and wasn't going to help them. They knew Foxy wasn't soft, it wasn't like they felt that it couldn't handle the information, but more on the idea that Foxy wouldn't be able to shut off at night if it knew Steve was alone, and that if things came to worse, they all might have to leave Steve behind.

Foxy had been waiting all night for Steve to come to lay down next to it, all the animatronics giving the excuse that Steve was helping Bryan with the new animatronic, only for its boyfriend to never return. The waiting must've been too much for the fox because it shut down an hour or so earlier.

Lolbit lay down on Chica's couch, with a purple blanket pulled over them. He was the only one who refused to sleep on the floor, saying something about dust getting in his servos. Granted the couch was probably much more comfortable than the pile of blankets and pillows that was Chica's floor.

The whole room felt both comforting and depressing to Sun, but the one thing that stood out to him was the feeling of safety.

He felt safe.

For the first and only time in a while.

They felt safe.

These people were people that trusted him, confided in him, comforted him, that listened to him- The only people who genuinely enjoyed his company, and some of the only people he could genuinely say he cared for.

T

hey made him feel safe.

....And to think that all of it would get taken away soon.

To think that all of this was for nothing.

That none of them were getting out of this alive and unscathed, that none of them would ever look at him and Helpy the same if they only knew.

To think that the only people who have ever treated him with compassion would soon look at him with only eyes of betrayal and hatred.

.....

To think that this was never going to last.

None of this was ever supposed to end in a happy ending for any of them.