9.

Settling down on a seat next to the hazel eyed boy, Artemis kept quiet as she fiddled with the rings on her fingers under the table. Her pale face wore a blank expression as she thought more and more about how people would treat her here. The moment the bell rung, more students started filing in, nervousness coursing throughout her whole body. Taking a deep breath, she desperately tried to calm herself down, rubbing her knuckles as a search for some sort of comfort.

A stern looking man with glasses entered the room, the class halting into complete silence the moment he stepped inside. "Good morning class, please call me Professor Enriquez, I am your professor for this subject, textbooks out, page 18." He said as he grabbed a chalk and began writing on the board. Noises of students taking out their textbooks broke the previous loud silence. Artemis let out a small sigh and reched in her bag for her textbook, carefully placing it on her table and flipping through the pages delicately until she got to the right page.

Majority of the students barely listened to the lesson but Artemis had took an interest on the subject and listened very carefully, making sure to not miss single word Professor Enriquez said. By the end of the class, students except Artemis and a few students who had quite liked the lesson they had, were sighing and groaning with relief as they left the classroom for their next subject.

On her way to her next class, she bumped right into someone, earning a small yelp as they fell to the ground. "Oh.. I'm sorry!" The ginger squeaked as she scrambled to help pick up the things the person had dropped the moment they hit the floor. "It's alright.." A calm voice groaned as they sat up, rubbing the side of their head.

Artemis looked up across her to see a girl rising to her feet as she ran a hand through her brown curls. The ginger got to her feet aswell, handing the girl's stuff back carefully with a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, really.." Artemis frowned guiltily, lowering her head as her eyes fell on the marble tiles. "It's alright," The girl chuckled warmly, a grin gracing her face.

"I'm Lucia," She said, stretching her hand out for the ginger to shake. Artemis tared down at the girl's hand before clearing her throat, nodding with a polite smile as she shook her hand. "The name's Artemis. Friends?" The ginger asked sheepishly with an awkward smile as she let go of Lucia's hand, letting hers dropped to her side.

Lucia nodded with a warm smile, "Friends." she agreed. Artemis smiled wider, but this one was pure happiness. She made a friend. "What's your next subject?" Lucia questioned curiously, raising an eyebrow as she awaited for Artemis' answer. "English," The ginger replied, running a slim hand through her red locks. Lucia's smile widened and she giggled excitedly, "Same!" She squealed, taking a hold of Artemis' wrist and pulling her to English class.

When the two arrived, Artemis was panting as she held herself steady by firmly placing her hands on her knees as her chest heaved up and down from all the running. The brunette beside her was the opposite. Artemis was a mess and Lucia looked like she didn't just drag the ginger all the way here for a couple minutes.

Artemis eventually got herself together and both the girls sat next to eachother, chatting and sharing laughter like the other students in the room. It didn't take long for the professor to arrive and the class started. The whole lesson was quite boring for the ginger but still listened. Majority of the students in the class looked invested in the lesson unlike the others who had a bored expression resting on their faces, including Artemis.

The rest of the day went well for Artemis and her new found friend. It was quite a shame that half her classes wasn't shared with Camilo, but nonetheless she still had fun on her first day of school here in Encanto. Lucia was staying inside the building for a little longer as she wanted to wait for a friend who was still stuck in class. Artemis bid her new friend goodbye before turning around for the exit but was met with a clothed chest. The ginger craned her neck up and sure enough, It was Camilo.

He grinned down at her small form, basically towering her. "Oh, hey milo," The ginger smiled sheepishly, taking a step back as she begin to fiddle with her fingers. It was a habit she usually does when shes nervous or anxious. "Hey," Camilo replied, his grin still remaining. There was an uncomfortable silence between the two teenagers as his hazel eyes stared right into her blue ones.

Artemis shook her head violently, clearing her throat nervously. "Why don't I walk you home?" Camilo offered, his grin curling up into a warm, genuine smile. The ginger blinked thrice, her bain trying to process what he just said. Artemis eventually snapped herself out of her trance, nodding her head once again as she smiled back adorably.

The two walked towards the exit of the school in silence, barely exchanging a word or two. When they were out the bulding, Camilo spoke up, breaking the uncomfortable silence that whirled around them just moments ago, "So... Wanna hang out tommorrow?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck as he waited for her reply. Artemis thought about it for a couple of seconds before turning her head to the boy walking beside her and nodding. "Alright, I don't see why not." The ginger answered with a small smile.

Camilo's lips twitched into a wide smile, turning back infront of him as they walked, careful to not bump into anyone. Eventually they arrived at Artemis' house, they were standing at her front door, sharing a small talk before Artemis decided it was best if he also headed home since the sun was starting to set. "I'll see you tommorrow, Milo. Babuu!" A short series of soft giggled following after the last word. Camilo smiled lovingly at her as he nodded, "Goodbye, amor." The boy winked before walking away, leaving a flustered ginger on her front door.

Artemis went inside, mouth aprted a tad bit as her cheeks flushed a dark colour of red. The ginger stared at the floor, brain having a hard time to process. After a minute and a half, a loud squeal escaped her lips as she shifted in her spot, butterflies still swarming her now grumbling stomach.

"What's gotten into you?" A voice questioned with a chuckle. Artemis looked up to see her older brother leaning on the kitchen's entrance, a smirk curled on his lips and his eyebrow lifted. The ginger shook her head, a dumb smile on her face as she ascended up to her room. When her door clicked close, the girl took deep breaths as an attempt to calm down her rapid heart beat. Artemis sighed loudly as she sat down on her bed, taking off her shoes and grabbing a towel, swinging it over her shoulder and shuffling over to her bathroom.

She took a warm, relaxing bath that helped calm down her rapid heart beat. Rinsing off the remaining soap on her body, she grabbed her towel and dried herself. Artemis slipped on a fesh pair of pajamas and strutted out of her bathroom with hair still wet from the relaxing shower she just took. The ginger stepped out of her room, descending downstairs and walking over to the kitchen for dinner.

The ginger sat down next to her younger sibling who had her arms crossed to her chest as she stared at nothing in particular, sleepiness clear on her face. Not to mention her slumping form. Artemis chuckled softly ruffling a drowsy Athena's hair, earning an annoyed grumble from the eight year old who tried to flatten down her messied hair. Eventually, dinner was served and the three ate in comfortable silence, seemingly not bothered by the unsual situation of not exchanging any laughter or chatter as they ate.

When dinner ended, Artemis tucked her younger sister to bed like any other night. "Good night, sweet baby." Artemis whispered lovingly with a smile as she placed a soft peck on Athena's forehead. Athena smiled sleepily but yet adorably, muttering a good night before falling asleep almost immdiately. Artemis chuckled quietly, rising to her feet from her crouching position and shuffling out of Athena's bedroom, carefully and quietly closing the door and made her way back to her room.

Artemis yawned drowsily as her door clicked close. The ginger practically threw herself on her soft matress, tangling her body into her fluffy blanket and eventually falling into a deep slumber in less than a minute.

NEW CHAPTER AFTER LIKE A MONTH REAL!! I AM GENUINELY SO SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE, IVE BEEN CAUGHT UP WITH SCHOOL AND STUFF LATELY BUT OTHER THAN THAT HERE IS A NEW CHAPTER!! I ALSO HAVE A NEW AONUNG FANFICTION AND THE FIRST CHAPTER WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON!