2. Truth or dare?

Jo's POV:

Here i am, midday crouched behind a dumpster, cigarette between my lips, hiding from my brother. I've finished all my work today but John B should be home any minute.

"John B? Jo? Anyone home?" I heard being called out from our front door followed by a few knocks. Can't be a pogue, they would just walk in and wait. 

"Sheriffs department, alright John B open up" Shoupe called out. Shit. What is he doing here. I needed to find away to get out of here and then warn my brother. I threw away the cigarette and began to walk slowly towards the HMS Pogue, thank god John B took the twinkie today. Of course as i got to the boat a twig decided to magically place itself below my foot and next thing i knew i was flooded in the light of a flashlight.

"Evening Shoupe" I said jumping off the side of the boat "what can i do for ya?" 

"Jo, just who i was looking for, is your brother home?"

"if you're looking for me why does John B need to be here" i asked before noticing the woman standing beside him "who's your sidekick?"

"Hi Jo, my name is Cheryl with CPS, we are here to talk to you and your brother" she spoke up

"no, Shoupe no" i said looking at the man for help

"Jo I gave y'all your chance, Your uncle T hasn't been in the state for three months now, my hands are tied, look lets just go in an have a chat i'm sure-"

"no!" i shouted before turning to run. However my efforts were in vain cause right as i turned the corner two large men were stood there and grabbed my by my arms lifting me effortlessly off the ground. Kicking and screaming i yelled "Put me down, you can't do this, John B help me please, JOHN B!"

"Relax Jo, we just need to talk" Cheryl tried to say calmly

"FUCK OFF, JOHN B! POPE! JJ! ANYONE!" I screamed out still kicking

"woah, Shoupe whats going on" I heard being asked from behind me

"Nothing that concerns you Maybank" Shoupe snapped back

"um, when i hear my name being screamed from half way across the cut.... i'm gonna assume i'm involved. Just sayin'" he shrugged "you gonna put the girl down?" 

"JJ how about you go home, myself and Miss Routledge here just need to have a little chat" Shoupe replied now bored of his antics.

"see i can't do that Shoupe" he said now leaning on the side of the house "cause i believe my good friend Pope told me you can't speak to us without a legal guardian present and we are mirrors"

"minors" i corrected

"yea what she said." he said pointing in my direction

"she isn't under arrest JJ"

"Put me down you asshole" i said still wriggling "please you're hurting me" i wined out

"you heard her, let her down asshole" he said shoving one of the guys hard causing him to stumble backward and me to drop to the ground cutting my knees in the process

"COME ON JO!" he yelled while pulling my arm and hopping into the HMS Pogue while i untied it. 

"Jo Routledge you get back here" Shoupe yelled running towards us as i kicked off the tree hard pushing the boat into the water and jumping on board. 

"Later Shoupe, they really don't pay you enough man" JJ laughed kissing his middle finger and holding it up in the air as we sailed off. "Ok, now that's over, what the fuck have you done now" he said turning towards me