Umbridge's Decree

Start from the beginning

Cassandra shook her head. 

"Dumbledore hasn't asked me to tell anyone," she said. 

"But you told us," Draco pointed out.

"And you're my friends," Cassandra said simply. She saw both Draco and Blaise smile fleetingly before they fixed their expressions again. 

They could be so silly sometimes. 

"Does Dumbledore know that you've told us?" Blaise asked, just having thought of it.

"He hasn't exactly asked me much about it," Cassandra shrugged. "If he asks, I'll tell him,"

"Do you think he'll get angry?" said Blaise seriously. "You don't think Dumbledore will march down to our common room and oblivate us or something?"

"He can't do that!" Draco said angrily. "My father will be hearing about it if Dumbledore so much as steps foot into the Slytherin common room,"

Both Cassandra and Blaise snorted. 

"Dumbledore's the headmaster of the school," Cassandra said, rather amused. "He's free to go anywhere in the castle,"

"He won't be soon," Draco said smugly. "Umbridge's going to drive him out. And the Ministry's already dumped him,"

"Dumbledore says he doesn't care," Cassandra shrugged. "He said it's fine as long as they still have him on the Chocolate frog cards,"

"He's mental," Blaise scoffed. 

Cassandra thought she wouldn't have to confront Harry for a few days at least, because last time he had seemed so upset by her decision. 

But she was wrong. On Monday morning, she found him waiting for her at the entrance of the stairs from the Slytherin dungeon common room to the Great Hall. 

He still seemed pretty upset though. . . 

"You think?" Blaise turned to Draco. 

"No way," scoffed Draco. 

Cassandra still had no fucking idea what those two talking about. 

"D'you think I should just put him in detention?" Draco suggested.

"Nah," Blaise said blithely. "I was thinking a little push,"

Cassandra saw Draco smirk widely. 

"Yo, what's your problem?" she demanded, holding her hand up and waving to Harry. Strangely, Harry did not return her wave. 

"It would be perfect," said Blaise, smiling for a second, before wiping the expression off his face. 

Sometimes, Cassandra found it alarming how he did it. It was sort of understandable how she was so good at it. Sort of made sense for Draco too, and Draco wasn't as good as Blaise at hiding his emotions anyway. 

Even as an eleven-year-old, Blaise was quiet and kind of weird now that she thought about it. But she had barely paid him a lot of attention, to be honest. 

Yeah. . .that's right. Until he came and spoke to her out of the blue one day, she really didn't care much. 

Probably because Blaise was only fleetingly mentioned in the books. She didn't know much about him anyway. For instance how he was sensitive about topics regarding his mother. People could be such fucking jerks sometimes.

The instances had reduced now that Draco usually hung around him. 

Thinking about rumours. . .Cassandra was one now. Especially since Harry was involved. And Harry was unfortunately very famous. Not exactly popular at the moment, he was mostly called an attention-seeking liar and a mentally unstable boy. But he was rather well known.