Year 1: Chapter 6: Don't Let The Dead Bite

Snap! Snap!

Camera shutters clicked as various officers surveyed a crime scene, a room at a love hotel in Kamurocho's Hotel District. Aptly named I know. Strewn about were various articles of skimpy clothing. The body belonging to a young woman in her early twenties, but she had the appearance of someone twice her age. Cause of death; two puncture wounds to the neck.

//The Next Day//

"Wake up." Ophis shook Y/N awake.

"...Mmm...Fuck off...weekend..." He mumbled before turning back around.

Ophis shook her head as he fell right back to sleep. "You agreed, to meet Mizuki this afternoon. It is 7am."

"Wake me up at 10...zzz..." Y/N half-heartedly waved before his arm fell back down and he conked out.

Ophis shook her head. She didn't understand the concept of sleeping. Considering the nature of her existence, sleep wasn't exactly a thing she required, so she never participated in doing so.

She stared at the futon, a new fun-size spot being revealed upon Y/N turning over. Her eyes bored into the open spot. "It does look rather comfy."

QTE: A A Y B X A

QTE: FAILED

"Well...surely it couldn't hurt..." Ophis's curiosity got the better of her and she slowly curled onto the futon. "Oh...it's soft."

Now, to us a futon would probably be kind of uncomfortable compared to actual beds. Ophis though? She was quickly lulled into a deep sleep.

Welp! Time to put a plug in that for now. Time for some exposition!

//Purgatory//

"Yo, something up bro?" Kiji waltzed into his brothers office. "Saw you storm in here earlier."

Ansel groaned as he turned around a police file. "That damn serial killer, that's what's up. He keeps killing our clients." Ansel facepalmed. "So much money, gone."

"Serial killer?" Kiji blinked.

"Yeah, the dickhead kills women in hotels. I swear...when I find that bastard I'll-!" Ansel began talking as he turned to look at his brother, only to realize he disappeared. "-Oh for the love of Satan! KIJI! GET BACK HERE!"

//Kamurocho Hills Lobby//

Kiji stepped out of the elevator and stretched. "Alright, gonna see if Y/N is down to do me a favour."

"Ah...you."

Kiji turned his head to see Mizuki, who was also conveniently chilling in the lobby.

"Oh...you were that one girl we locked up, right?" Kiji rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Sorry about that by the way."

"Eh...water under the bridge." Mizuki assured. "So...what were you up to? I heard something about Y/N?"

"Oh, yeah. I had a favour to ask him, so I was gonna head over to his place."

"Oh! Can I come with! I've always wondered how a kid like him lives!" Mizuki begged.

"Uhhhh..." Kiji thought for a moment. It'd be a pretty dangerous situation they were getting into. "...Fuck it. You're in."

////

Knock knock knock

"Uggghhh..." Y/N groaned as he blinked awake. Hearing the knocking again, he stood up and hobbled to the door. "Who the hell is knocking now? I swear if it's that one chick asking for a babysitter..."