The High Septon placed the ointment upon the foreheads of Aegon and Nyferia before ser Criston walked over with the conquerors crown, and the crown of Queen Rhaenys. Of course, Nyferia thought, they would never give her the crown of Visenya, the warrior—although Rhaenys was as much a warrior as Visenya—they would give her the crown of the dutiful wife.

Nyferia closed her eyes as the crown was placed on her head before she rose to her feet, with Aegon by her side, where he would always be. "Let it be known, that Aegon is the true Heir to the Iron Throne" ser Criston Cole said as Aegon fell silent, as did the entire Dragonpit.

"All Hail Aegon, second of his name, King of the Andals, the First Men and the Rhoynar, King of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm!" the High Septon said as Aegon looked at the crowd. His mother had gifted King Viserys' sword, Blackfyre, before they left for the Pit, and he felt it weighing heavily on him now. Aegon looked to his wife, and she gave him a smile. "King Aegon!" she yelled, and people started to cheer with her which caused Aegon to look out surprised.

All his life, the only person who seemed to truly care for him was Nyferia, he never felt like his father loved him, even with all his work in court he had still been surprised he was named Heir. But as the people cheered, Aegon raised the sword from his ancestors before a loud bang was heard through the pit, and the screams of the People were heard.

Nyferia's first instinct was to help the people, as did Aegon, telling them to run in the other direction as they saw Meleys, and with Meleys came Rhaenys. She said not a word as she watched the two of them, the crowns on their head as Meleys roared lowly into their direction. But Meleys was met with another roar; that of Sunfyre, protecting his rider and the love of his rider's life. Sunfyre had been large, perhaps not as large but he came close as he rose behind Aegon roaring at the other dragon, mindful of not stepping on anyone or anything.

"My King" Otto called out, frightened by the dragons surrounding them. "You are dismissed as Hand, grandsire" Aegon said before everyone as everyone looked on before he turned to Rhaenys. "Cousin, please" Aegon begged and some of the Small Folk watched. It would have been noted, by many historians after the event of the Dance, that Prince Aegon sought for peace first, and the Blacks sought for violence.

Rhaenys never spoke a word as she flew her dragon out of the Dragonpit, towards Dragonstone. "My King, who will be your Hand if not me?" Otto asked, finding the courage to move again now that he was not surrounded by Dragons. "My brother, Aemond, he will be my Hand, none know the histories and philosophies of Westeros as he does" Aegon said looking at his brother. Aemond walked over, bowing his head to his brother. "You honour me, brother" Aemond said. "I am not honouring you, I am begging for your help, to help me remain the peace in Westeros" Aegon said before he undid the pin on Otto Hightower's tunic, before he placed it on Aemond's.

"Congratulations, Prince Aemond, a title well deserved" Nyferia said as she nodded at him, before she walked down the steps of the podium again, checking on the Small Folk. "Call for Maesters!" she called out and the High Septon nodded before Aegon went to aid his wife in her mission to help the Small Folk, who all looked appreciative of her actions. They brought people to safety, taking them far away from Dragons so that they might rest and have their wounds looked at.

Rhaenys had flown to Dragonstone as the Sun and Flame were saving what had been left behind. She had told Rhaenyra the King had passed away and Aegon had been crowned. Rhaenyra, saddened by the passing of her father, gave birth to a stillborn daughter, who like most stillborn Targaryens looked more dragon, as Vaegon did with his eye. She had not wished for more pain and sorrow, but it seemed her husband did not share her thoughts as he was calling bannermen and Lords of Westeros to swear loyalty like they had 20 years ago.

"It will be no use, Daemon" Rhaenys said as she looked at the Rogue Prince. She had been the voice of Driftmark now, her husband still not healed from his wounds. "Rhaenyra is the rightful Heir" Daemon said. "Yes, just like you once were, but Viserys changed his mind as neither of you showed a face to the Red Keep in nearly 10 years" Rhaenys said, seeing why Viserys would have done such thing. "Stay here, heal, mourn your daughter. Do not wage war when none can be won" Rhaenys adviced and Rhaenyra silently agreed but it seemed everyone else was ready to burn cities to the ground.

"The Lords have sworn loyalty" Daemon tried again, too thick headed to see anything else. "What do you think all those Lords will do now? Swear to the one they made King in front of the masses or the one hiding away on an island. Many wouldn't even remember what Rhaenyra looked like. Some even have died. Lord Baratheon has, and Lord Stark" Rhaenys said. "The Vale would swear to Rhaenyra they are kin" Daemon said as some Lords of Dragonstone stood besides him. "With the North, you'd need Stark" one said. "They have not sworn to Aegon yet, and a Stark is not known to break a vow" he continued. "With the Starks the North will follow" Daemon said.

"They have The Reach, The Westerlands, and Dorne, no one, not one King or Queen we have known, as ever held Dorne" Rhaenys said. "That gives us the North, the Stormlands and the Riverlands to swear to us" Daemon said and Rhaenyra looked out the window when she saw banners flying. Daemon turned away from Rhaenys and saw the golden dragon and sun wave in the wind.

He grabbed Dark Sister and marched outside with some of the guards sworn to Rhaenyra, to their Queen. Daemon stood on the path towards the castle when Otto Hightower, and to his and everyone's surprise, Nyferia Martell.

"You dare come here?" Daemon asked as he looked at Nyferia. "I was hoping to speak to Princess Rhaenyra, from mother to mother" Nyferia said as she folded her hands as she watched Daemon. He almost snarled at her. "Queen Rhaenyra now" he corrected, and Nyferia cocked her head. "Not from where I was" she said, a crown of suns placed on her head before Syrax flew over, but it didn't face the Martell Princess.

Rhaenyra dismounted her dragon and when she met Nyferia's eyes, she saw them visibly soften. Nyferia had enough children to know what a belly post labour looked like, but Rhaenyra wasn't near ready to birth her babe. Her own son had barely made it, let alone Rhaenyra's babe. "Princess—"Nyferia said, but Rhaenyra brushed passed her as she joined Daemon.

"Why have you come" she demanded. "We have come to ask for you to swear loyalty to the rightful Heir, and King" Otto said as Nyferia held her tongue. "You can keep Dragonstone as it will pass to your children, a Heir of your own choice as the other will become Heir of Driftmark if Lord Corlys still wishes to do so" Otto said. "The remaining children will be offered positions in court, cupbearers at the Small Council such as yourself have done, training to be knights and squires to the King" Otto said and Nyferia closed her eyes as she begged the Gods for forgiveness.

"And a betrothal, of my daughter Eraella to your son Joffrey" she suggested, the two had been similar in age and she knew Jace, and Luke were already engaged. Rhaenyra seemed surprised, knowing Nyferia much rather not want her children to be in loveless marriages nor did Aegon want to betroth his children before. But desperate times come with desperate measures.

"I would rather feed my sons to the dragons, than have them carry shields and cups, for your usurping cunt of a King" Daemon said, and Rhaenyra noticed a shift in Nyferia. Her eyes darkened as she looked at the Rogue Prince. "Final offer, take it, or I will show you why I still carry my House's words. I will not be bent, broken or bow before you, and you will live to regret it" Nyferia spat. Daemon didn't budge. But neither did Rhaenyra.

"I will not bend either, not for the Usurper" Rhaenyra spoke finally. "Then I have taken you in too high of regard, Princess" Nyferia spat. "I assumed you'd want to keep your remaining family safe" she said before she turned away from them and walked back to the ship, followed by Otto.

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken, had not been meek words, or empty promises. It had been a warning to their enemies, but a challenge to their lovers. Aegon luckily learned how to combine them.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

nyferia wanting to finish this war in two seconds so she can see her children again.