Chapter 39

Inosuke's POV:

It was the next day and I had successfully avoided Monichi yesterday.

My phone started going off and I started to get nervous that Monichi somehow was able to message me even though I blocked him.

I reluctantly looked at the notifications and saw that Lord Tengen was messaging me.

11:00 a.m.

Lord Tengen 👑 :

Yo! Inosuke, come eat lunch
with me and Kyojuro.

It'd be pretty flashy
if you say yes✌

Inosuke 🐖 :

Ok

Kyojuro 🔥🍙 :

Umai!

Then Lord Tengen told me where to meet them, so I guess I'm going out to eat with him and Aniki, I hope I don't run into anyone there..

But I don't care anyways! These are my new, cool friends. And they're all I need.

They even want me to go out with them! Monichi and Monjiro never asked me to join THEM when they went out.

I didn't really have to get ready to go, I just got my boar mask and headed out.

As I was walking there I didn't have anything to distract myself with, so my mind started to wander.

I started to think about Monichi and what I did...

And not that I care or anything, but I hope he isn't hurt that bad... I mean, Salami approves of me now, so that's what matters.

As soon as I got there I saw Lord Tengen looking around the place flashily, and he noticed me walk in pretty quickly.

"Inosuke, over here!" He waved me over.

When I got over to the table I realized I wasn't the only one invited. Openeye and Bubblegum were already sitting down and were too absorbed in their conversation to notice that I joined them.

"Hello Inosuke! Quickly, sit down!! I want to eat!!" Aniki yelled and started jumping up and down in his seat impatiently.

We all ordered our food as fast as we could and Aniki was in a better mood once it all got to our table.

"So, uh-" I had started to say something to Lord Tengen, but was cut off by him and Aniki who just started chatting with eachother.

In between bites of food Aniki would chant 'umai!', but they still seemed to... ignore me..?

I cleared my throat then grunted, that didn't get their attention.

So, I did the only reasonable thing I could think of.

"AAHHH!" Bubblegum screamed, and as she fell to the floor with a thud I quickly pulled my leg back in so no one would notice that it was me who knocked her out of her chair.