💔 While He Works Away 💔

Start from the beginning

Meggy: "Hey 4, where are you?"

Meggy: "SMG4!! We all miss you!!"

Boopkins: "In the new season of One Piece, where Luffy and Lulu and Nami, they go to the Grand Line and, uhh..."

Meggy: "4! We're watching movies! You're missing out!"

It had been hours. As they tried to bribe him out, 3 kept his position on the staircase, his feet tapping more and more while watching the live video. His hands started to shake as well as he saw 4's mental state deteriorate more and more. He had to step in again, but what is he to say? Will it even do anything? He had to try again though. He got up and approached the door for the 3rd time, the stuff he got earlier still on the floor, and he tapped the door.

3: "Hey, SMG4. Just uh... you know- checking on you again. You gonna.. you gonna come out? Everyone's... everyone's very worried." Nothing again. Tears started to fall down his face as his head tilted down. It's not working. Will it ever work? What would it take to get him back to normal? Why do they bother to keep trying? He leaned his back against the door and slid into a sitting position, wincing. He quietly whispered under his breath. "Please... You're scaring me..."

Meggy: "SMG4! Mario clogged the toilet again!"

After an hour, he calmed down. He still was anxious though, having his arms wrapped around himself. The food had gone cold by now, so had he. Maybe it'll all be okay in the end. He's still watching the stream after all this time. Some other people have gone up to try to get 4 out, but it didn't work as always. They didn't pay any attention to the shrunken 3 leaning on his door though. He didn't even bother to get up this time for another knock.

3: "Hey man, it's me again, SMG3..." He paused for a moment, the cold atmosphere making him shiver a little. "Uhm... Can I- Can I join you? Can I join your stream? It'll be really cool." He thought maybe that would warrant at least something. After all, why wouldn't he want to be alongside him again? Zero words came from the other side though. It was just as expected, but he wanted at least a different response. Even if it hurts him, the acknowledgement would still make him at least slightly happy.

Meggy: "SMG4, you can't stay in there forever!"

His mind felt so empty while also being so full of thought. The longer this went on, the more he shrunk down. Some others took their shot to get him out again, but then left out of annoyance from the lack of answers they were getting. 3's still in the same spot though, still watching the same stream. Why was he continuing with this? 3 decided to make the door thud again.

3: "You gotta- you gotta wrap things up. You gotta really wrap things up, I think. Y'know, we got stuff to do. We got- we got places to be." He stammered a bit, becoming pretty frantic about the situation at hand now. He also felt a little bit of annoyance, yet he chooses to wait again. He continues to anticipate at least something from 4.

Meggy: "Come out!! Pleaaaasee!!!"

Meggy: "Things just aren't the same without you, 4!" She tried twice in a row to get him out, but it didn't do much. 3 sat there throughout it, carrying on with watching the stream on his phone. A couple times it nearly slipped out of his hands from the trembling. She stared down at the meme guardian, realizing how long he had been there for. Meggy tapped his shoulder. No reply.

Meggy: "SMG3..." She whispered so 4 couldn't hear her. He steadily turned his head toward her, speaking in the same volume. "Huh?" She put her hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to stay here." He winced. "Look I..." His feet shifted. "I'm just... worried okay?" Meggy's eyes dilated. She then gave 3 a little pat before departing off again.

A loud desk slam from 4 reawakened 3. It had been a couple hours since he last checked on 4. When he went back to view the stream again, it was still running, with 4 more deteriorated than before. He sighed, and went at it again.

3: "SMG4? ...You in there?" He waited a few minutes. Silence of course was his answer. He kept repeating the same actions over and over again throughout his video making process, which made 3 go at it again. "So, you know, checking up on you again. You gonna... you gonna come out?" The only sound in the atmosphere was the eerie ambience from 4's computer.

When 3 tilted his head back up, Meggy was standing before him, about to go knock at 4's door again. He grabbed her leg before she could do so though. "...Hey.." Meggy glared at him. "What? I'm just going to check on him." He shook his head. "I already did that.. he won't listen. I recommend trying again later." She sighed. "What do I do in the meantime? It's literally almost 8." 3 tapped his head for a minute. What can she do to pass the time? What can she do that'll raise the chance of 4 coming out?

Wait... He went up to her and whispered a message. "...Maybe try cooking something for him?" Meggy shook her head. "No, I'm not to be trusted in the kitchen anymore." "You really- okay how about this... I'll help you for a bit, alright?" She nodded her head.

About half an hour later, Meggy returned back to the door with 3, and she knocked. "Hey, I made some food for you. It's just... outside this door! Don't worry, it's not lethal! Heheh... I checked."

Meggy: "SMG4? We're really worried about you! Please come out!"

Boopkins: "Uh hello, are you there? SMG4, are you in there?"

Another loud thud awakened 3. He keeps falling asleep in the same spot, waiting for at least one response. He decided to try again, unaware that Meggy and Boopkins tried a couple minutes beforehand.

3: "SMG4? Are you in there?" Again, silence. He lowered his head down. He's going to be here for a while, huh? He took out his phone and called up 1 and 2, giving them instructions quietly. "Watch over the graveyard, I have to stay in the living realm due to an emergency."

Hours passed by like seconds . The same things over and over again. 3 moved a couple times from his sitting position to get something for 4 or to try to relax himself, but he always came back to the same old place, viewing the live video again. Waiting for 4 to respond. Sometimes, he knocked twice in a row, desperate for at least something. He couldn't just leave him, not now. His streams, planned collaborations, and large projects can be put on hold. 3 needed to get 4 out. At last, he tapped on the door again, and croaked yet another message.

3: "SMG4? ...You in there?" ...... He put his knees up to his head, curling up into a ball. At last, he broke down, sobbing, silent enough so it wasn't heard on 4's stream though. The senses, the eerie ambience, the pain. Will 4 ever leave? Will 4 ever acknowledge everyone again? Will 4 ever talk to anyone again?

A couple minutes flew by and he went to tap the door again, tears still flowing down from his eyes, but he stopped due to Meggy's sudden presence before him. 3 quickly wiped his eyes and lowered his legs. "...Hey there uhm.." Meggy kneeled down to him, gently putting her hand on his shoulder. "You okay?" He nodded slowly. "How long are you gonna stay in that spot?" She asked. 3 shuffled his feet a bit. "...For as long as I need to. Nobody's giving up, you know?" Meggy tilted his head up
and down. She then stood up and quietly went away to watch another movie. When she was completely out of sight, he curled into a ball again, muttering under his breath.

3: "I'm not gonna give up on you. ....Scrub."

===
(2008 Words)