Bella asked them, determined to make this truce work.

As the two dudes glared at each other, I decided to defuse the tension. "When will you guys stop slapping your dicks at each other?" Scarlett asked,

They all looked at her as she looked at them innocently as I was laughing.

-Later that night-

Bella was at the window. Suddenly, she saw a movement in the trees. Then two gleaming eyes peered out, belonging to a wolf skulking at the edge of the tree line.

It looked up at her. Angela and Hazel were sitting on her bed as I helped them with the invitations.

Lauren was sitting in front of them, she was trying to be nice. She's just here to get gossip for Jessica. Bella allowed her to come over, she is stupid.

"U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday," Lauren spoke up, hoping to get a reaction from Angela.

Angela didn't even care, she laughed as she showed me a pic, of her and Hazel. Lauren's eyes held envy.

Bella turns back to the room where Lauren lies on the floor, a massive stack of graduation announcements in the "done" pile.

Lauren, Hazel, and Angela are blithely unaware of Bella's situation.

"I'm in the furthest dorm from campus. Eric's in the closet, of course. Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?" Lauren asked, Bella, looked at her, missing her already.

She lay next to Lauren and grabbed up a card to address.

I'm on the other side of Angela, writing down the same thing again. "Not yet," Bella answered. "Where are Edward and Jasper tonight anyway?" Lauren asked.

"Out looking for trouble," I replied. Lauren heard the worry in my voice and looked at me. "Is something wrong?" she asked.

"No, why?" I asked. "One, Jasper and Edward's always with you. Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band," Lauren listed.

"Lauren what if Eric was like secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?"

Bella's slightly odd remark just kind of sat there as I stare down at my hands. Angela looked at Lauren, wishing she wasn't there.

"It's okay. You don't have to talk about it," Lauren replied. Hazel rolled her eyes as she knew she wanted to know. "There's nothing to... I mean there is but...,"

Bella debates then sit up, cross-legged, choosing her words carefully. How can she describe this?

"Okay. You remember Jacob Black?" "Ah. Edward's jealous," Lauren answered, smirking. "You say that like it's so obvious," Bella asked. "Oh, it's not?" Lauren asked.

"Edward just thinks Jacob's dangerous or something... bad influence on me," Bella added.

"Jasper seems that way with Seth and Leah," I interjected. "Ang doesn't have to worry about that, we hang out in the same group. I don't care" Hazel said, Angela nodded as Lauren glared.

She stopped when I looked at her. "But he knows that they have been my friends since he left."

Lauren fake smiles and shakes her head. "She doesn't want to be here huh?" Hazel whispers to me. "Bella is too nice, also Jessica probably just wants gossip" I whispered back.

"What?" Bella asked.

"I've seen the way Jacob looks at you. Edward's seen it too, and they're only human. He's going to react like any other guy," Lauren explained. "It's more complicated than that," Bella answered.