Chapter 21- Avatar Day

Start from the beginning

I buried my face in the crook of his neck. I slowly took in his scent. My nose lightly rubbed against his neck vain as my breath lingered on his skin.

I was soothed as Sokka's hands moved up and down my waist. I could hear his nostrils take in my scent. His chest rose up and down as I felt his heartbeat quickly increase.

A soft cough was heard from behind us. "Uh, mhm."

Sokka and I quickly broke apart as we looked up at the younger children.

Before anyone could speak the merchant's voice echoed. "Have a nice Avatar Day!"

"Avatar Day?" The young monk turned.

The merchant turned around while waving. "You guys are going to the festival, right?"

We all looked at each other for a moment, trying to figure out what to do.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

Chin Village. Several festive, green lanterns were hanging over the street. Aang, Katara, Sokka and I are standing in the middle of the busy street, looking around in interest.

"There's a holiday for the Avatar. Who knew?"

We turn around as a large effigy of Avatar Kyoshi rolls by. Katara points at the float. "Venus, Look! They made a giant Kyoshi float!"

We all run to the side as we approach closer to the floats as we emerge from a side street.

"And here comes Avatar Roku!" Sokka says as Roku effigy rolls by.

The main square is packed with people. The giant float of Kyoshi and Roku are being pulled to the middle.

I walk over to a food stand near us and buy something for Sokka. We kind of made up again, but I'm not sure at this point.

As I concealed the deep-fried food behind my back, I moved towards Sokka. "I got something for you."

"What is it?" He smiled.

I leaned my face closer to his and I could see his eyes widen, but he soon shut them as he poked his lips out as if we were going to kiss.

To be honest, I had a strong desire to kiss Sokka's lips, but I don't think it was the right time. I placed the deep-fry onto his lips.

As Sokka smooched the snack, I watched. I couldn't stop laughing, but then I blushed because this kind of confirms that Sokka has feelings for me.

"Venus, your lips taste del-" As he saw the hot food in front of him, Sokka opened his eyes. He removed his lips as he grabbed the deep fry. "Uhh...you didn't hear what I said, did you?"

To save him the embarrassment, I shrugged my shoulders. "Nope. I just placed the deep-fry on your lips and heard you murmur that the deep-fry was delicious, but you stopped talking."

Sokka nervously chuckled as he stepped away from me. "Haha, yeah."

I smiled as he turned his back towards me. He's cute when he's all flustered.

"Having a huge festival in your honor is great, but frankly, it's just nice to be appreciated."

"And it's nice to appreciate their deep-fried festival food!" Sokka takes a huge bite out of the food-item he is holding.

Katara points at a giant float of Aang coming down the street. "Aang, look!"

"That's the biggest me I've ever seen!" Aang smiles.

Aang's float pulls up besides that of the other two Avatars on the main square. My head pans to the right of the floats as a villager carrying a torch comes running down the street.