16. now i'm mad, but it's... fine?

Começar do início

The ring of his cell phone broke the awkward, "Alpha Levi speaking."

His voice is so professional, nothing like how he speaks with me. His volume is turned up just enough that I can pick up on the other end, "Alpha! Me, gamma, and some of the delta's are heading to the bar tonight. Wondering if you and Luna want to join. Gamma's idea."

He looks over at me, I have a hopeful expression across my features. Going to the bar with Mary sounds like a great way to ignore the surfacing complications, and maybe even have a good time. Levi can tell I'm begging, a deep sign leaving him, "What time?"

"We were thinking getting there around nine."

"See you at nine."

"Oh shit! Man!" He hangs up dropping the phone into the console.

"Do I even have to say anything?" He groans pulling the car into the garage.

"No running, no escape, and... am I missing anything?"

"Keep your hands to yourself. The bar tends to contain human males that don't know their place. I don't need them trying anything that would require me to slit their throats."

I swallow, "Of course."

He guides me from the car leading me back up to his room. I get first dib of the shower letting the hot water run over me. The lake, while beautiful, did not leave a wonderful smell in my clothing. My towel is wrapped tightly around me when I leave the bathroom, this being one of the few times I've been good.

"Can you close your eyes or something?" I call out into the bedroom, and I hear the shift a male.

"You're my mate." He retorts from behind the door. My insides want to jump out and rip him to pieces, but my intelligent brain calms me.

"And? Come on, we've had a good day. If you close your eyes and respect me until I want to be seen," Take a deep breath and lay it on thick Cherry, "I'll do one fully clothed thing you ask of me, both fully clothed."

To vague! To vague!

"You have a deal little one. Now go on, my eyes are cemented shut just for you." I shuffle out of the bathroom, Levi being truthful as he sits, eyes covered, across the room, "No matter how much I would love to see that exquisite and tempting body of yours."

Focus woman, focus!

"Just keep them closed!" I grab the first dress I see, a simple white gown that hits at my knees. It's comfy enough that I go without the bra pulling on some simple panties. My new shoes line the floor, all on a lifted platform and well lit, "Okay now."

Levi's beautiful blue eyes come into view, "Now my turn?"

I nod, and he takes his sweet time showering. My butt settles on the bed waiting patiently. The bar isn't for another couple hours giving me more than enough time to be comfortable. Levi when he exits doesn't both to cover himself walking straight to the closet to pull on a different pair of gym shorts, "Do I get my end now?"

"If that's what you want I suppose." I shrug my shoulders seeming calm, but inside my organs are transplanting themselves with one another from nerves.

"Cuddle with me and watch a movie, any movie you want." The request seems easy enough.

"That's is?"

"Would you rather I request you dance on a pole and shake your ass?" He smiles, "Not that I'd mind it."

"No, no, movies great. Um, what do you want to watch?" I mumble looking around the space. He has a nice TV along one wall, but I'm not sure how to operate it. Darrel believed TVs are sights to hell, so we never invested in one.

"Here, I am going to grab us some snacks. I trust you to stay in this room," He hands me the remote clicking a few buttons to get me to a library of movies. Most I have never seen, "And pick us one out. Whatever you want."

"But I... I don't know. It's too much." I freak clicking through the first few.

"What's too much love?"

"I've never... we didn't..." I motion to the TV, Levi nods slowly seeming to put the pieces together.

"I see, well. I've heard that women enjoy this movie." He clicks 10 Things I hate About You the opening blaring through the speakers, "And if you don't like it we can change it. I'll be back."

He leaves quickly, closing the door behind him. I read through the names when they blink by. My mind ignores when he re-enters and feel him join on the bed. He slowly wraps his hands on my waist pulling me into him. The motion is nice, the feeling of being wanted electrifying me in a way I hadn't anticipated.

"I brought fruit and some water. You ready?" He whispers while I let my head fall into his chest. For once I can allow myself to feel love, feel comforted.

"I'm ready." And for the moment, it felt like I was speaking about more than just the movie. 

.

.

.

.