What If, Loki Survived In Infinity War?

Loki looked around, making sure no one was watching him as he stepped through the portal, disappearing with the tesseract.

Loki flew down from the sky into the sand, the wind blowing loudly in his ears. He looked around, shielding his eyes from the blinding sun, as he tried to figure out where he was. Removing the muzzle that Thor had forced around his head earlier, he sputtered and sat up, shaking the sand out of his long raven black hair.

Loki blinked, trying to remove the sunspots out of his eyes. Five foreigners were approaching the frost giant cautiously. He looked at them and quickly got up.

He then jumped up onto a stone, giving him an air of authority by making the foreigners look up at him. “I am Loki of Asgard and I am burdened with glorious purpose,” he shouted in a regal voice.

The people in front of him were obviously confused, not being able to understand the prince above them. “Who are you? Why have you come to our home?” one of them asked, speaking Mongolian.
Even though Loki could speak every language in the world, he wasn’t quite able to understand what the woman was saying.

Loki opened his mouth to respond, but a warbling sound interrupted him. He looked around, trying to find the source of the strange noise. A portal suddenly opened next to him, and a couple of strangely dressed people stepped out of it.

They looked like futuristic guards, wearing black armor with orange highlights. He looked back at the foreign people. “Never mind,” he said, running to the guards, who were examining the tesseract.

“Don’t touch that,” Loki said, then took a step back as the guards aimed their weapons at him.

Another portal opened and a female guard walked out. “Appears to be a standard sequence violation,” she said, eyes glued to the device on her arm. “Branch is growing at a stable rate and slope. Variant identified.”

“I beg your pardon?” Loki frowns, tilting his head in confusion.
“On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline. Hands up,” she said. The other guards powered up their weapons. “You’re coming with us.”

“I’m sorry. Who’s ‘us’?” Loki asked. The female guard was now loading her weapon as well.

“Last chance, variant,” she said.
Loki chuckles. “It’s been a long day, and I think I’ve had my fill of idiots in armored suits telling me what to do, so, if you don’t mind, this is actually your last chance. Now get out of my way.”

Loki walked up to the guard, only to be punched directly in the face. Except it wasn’t a normal punch. Time seems to slow down the moment he feels the impact.

The guard put a collar around Loki’s neck and let him fall backwards into the sand, laughing at him. The other guards put him in handcuffs before he could recover.

“Reset the timeline,” the female guard said, picking up the Tesseract as another guard put a device into the sand, and a blue wave slowly washes over the world, dissolving everything in its path.

The guards drag Loki through the portal, and it closes behind them, leaving Loki to wonder what would happen to him now.

~~~~~~

Loki stared at the projection Mobius had started for him. As he watched the scenes of his apparent life play before his eyes, he couldn’t stop a few tears from escaping. “You’re lying,”
Loki said, quickly wiping his tears. “I don’t believe you.”

The door opened, revealing Hunter B-15, who took Loki in earlier. “What are you doing?” she asked.
“My job. Is it yours to interrupt?” Mobius asked.