Saying his different hellos and getting in some brief conversations with the different guests, Jayson frowned as he looked around for Kasie but couldn't find her.

"What's the frown for, big dawg?" Keem, Kasie's uncle that Jayson had become close with asked, dapping him up.

"Looking for your girl?" T-Ro, another one of Kasie's uncles asked, dapping Jayson up as well, sipping on one of the cocktail drinks her got from the servers.

"Yeah, you know where she went?" He asked, grabbing a drink from a passing server. T-Ro nodded towards the other side of the room and Jayson turned his head to look over there, seeing Kasie with Sasha talking to Taylor Brooks.

"Preciate it." He nodded, dapping them both up again before heading over that way.

"Ah, well if it isn't the birthday boy." Taylor Brooks smiled friendly as he wrapped his arms around Kasie. Taylor and Sasha walked off, leaving them to have some privacy while they conversed.

"Wassup? Having fun?" Kasie asked, holding onto his arms that were wrapped around her.

"Yeah. You did all this?" He mumbled, kissing her cheek.

"Eh, something like that." She smirked with a shrug, turning around in his arms.

"You want the password to my safe? My card pin? Anything? I'd give you my bank-" He joked.

"Boy hush. One, I already have those thanks to you." She rolled her eyes. "And for two, just enjoy your party, I don't need anything for this." She shook her head.

"Swear I can't wait to come home to you. You know, I'm actually glad we were able to argue and then talk about it. We needed that." He spoke randomly.

"Why do you say that?" She asked, curiously.

"Because, if we didn't then I would have never known how your truly felt- like, uncomfortable I guess with the situation. And, it gave us a look at how to handle disagreements in the future. Plus, your sexy when you're mad." He shrugged, kissing her forehead.

"Yeah, I guess." She chuckled. "You really had me ready to deck you though. Don't do that anymore, okay?"

"Yes ma'am." He placed a kiss on her lips.

Jayson was right when he spoke about the situation benefiting their relationship in more ways than one. From their first, 'big', disagreement, he learned the true reasoning behind why she didn't want to move in that soon.

He learned that it wasn't the fact that she just didn't want to, but that fact that she was scared more so for Deuce than anything else. She knew that Deuce was comfortable around her, but living in the same house with Jayson, she had to take in the fact that it wouldn't just be her, but them.

Trying to explain that Deuce wasn't necessarily a problem, but more so a concern for Kasie when it came to living together was definitely one of the most difficult things she had to explain. She loved Deuce, that was something that everyone knew. But living with him came with a lot more responsibilities, and a lot more boundaries and borders that had to be solidified and respected.

She recognized that how she voiced that she didn't want to live with him was completely wrong and not how she intended for it to come out, but she was nervous and became quickly agitated with how quickly the conversation had managed to turn sour when that wasn't her intention and that topped with her work stresses didn't help the situation of course. But thanks to his persistence, they were able to converse and actually come to terms with an agreement that worked for the both of them.

Which was them moving in together at the end of the season, after the Championship game. Just because it made the most sense as opposed to doing it mid season especially since Kasie would be busy with clientele by the time April rolled around, just because that's when the teams who didn't make the play-ins were coming to the end of their run and moving around a lot, additionally the NFL players, and the odd phenomenon that was people moving around during the summer months.

"I gotta question though." Jayson spoke again as his eyes scanned around the room.

"And that would be..." She trailed off.

"You really got an ice piece of my logo?" He smirked.

"Of course I did. Only the best for my man." She spoke jokingly but meant every word.

"I know that's right. I wanna show my appreciation though." He mumbled, kissing along her neck making her giggle. "Where's the bathroom?"

"Upstairs, but I know a better spot, come on." She grabbed his arm, dragging him away. Jayson's face displayed a kool-aid grin as he made eye contact with some of his teammates who immediately started laughing, already knowing what type of timing they were on.

INSTAGRAM STORY
jaysontatum0

INSTAGRAM STORYjaysontatum0

kasiemonroe_

i'm failing chemistry

i'm failing chemistry. i hate it here. i just wanna C, dammit.

anyways, i miss my OGs, where y'all at? yk who you be.. check tf in babyy 😩🥺