🌸Lighten Up - Kishibe & Quanxi

Fluff
NOT A SHIP!
Kishibe and Quanshi first mission together

Kishibe and Quanxi were standing in a dimly lit alleyway, facing off against each other. They had been assigned to work together on a particularly difficult mission, but their personalities clashed, and they were having a hard time seeing eye to eye.

Kishibe glared at Quanxi, his expression hostile. "Why are we even working together? I don't trust you, Quanxi. You're too secretive."

Quanxi raised an eyebrow at the young man, studying Kishibe calmly. "And I don't trust you, Kishibe. You're too unpredictable. But we have a job to do, and we need to work together to get it done."

Kishibe snorted. "Fine. But don't expect me to hold your hand."

Quanxi smiled wryly. "I wouldn't dream of it."

They set off down the alleyway, their senses on high alert. They had been tasked with tracking down a powerful devil that had been causing chaos in the city, and they knew that they couldn't afford to let their guard down.

As they walked, Kishibe spoke up. "So, Quanxi. What's your deal? Why are you so guarded all the time?"

Quanxi shrugged. "I have my reasons. Let's just say that I've learned not to trust anyone too easily."

Kishibe snorted. "Yeah, well, that's no way to live. You need to let your guard down sometimes."

Quanxi smiled enigmatically. "Perhaps. But I prefer to keep my cards close to my chest."

They continued walking in silence for a few moments, their eyes scanning the shadows for any sign of danger. Then, suddenly, they heard a rustling sound behind them.

They whirled around, their weapons at the ready. But it was just a stray cat, darting across the alleyway.

Kishibe let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Jeez, Quanxi. You need to lighten up."

Quanxi smiled wryly. "And you need to be more careful. We can't afford to let our guard down, even for a second."

Kishibe rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Let's just find this devil and get the job done."

They continued down the alleyway, their weapons at the ready. They knew that they were in for a difficult fight, but with each step they took, they grew more confident in their ability to take down the devil.

As they turned a corner, they saw a figure in the distance. It was the devil they had been searching for. It was larger than they had anticipated, with glowing red eyes and jagged teeth.

Kishibe looked at Quanxi, his expression serious. "Are you ready for this?"

Quanxi nodded, her eyes never leaving the devil. "Let's do this."

They charged forward, their weapons at the ready. The devil fought back fiercely, but with their combined strength and skill, Kishibe and Quanxi were able to subdue it.

As they stood panting and covered in sweat, Kishibe turned to Quanxi. "Well done. We make a good team." He says, wiping off his sweat from his forehead.

Quanxi grinned, feeling a sense of pride that she had never felt before. "Yeah, we do. Maybe you're not so bad after all."

Kishibe smiled enigmatically. "Perhaps. But we still have much to learn from each other."

They left the alleyway, feeling a sense of camaraderie that they had not felt before. They knew that they would never be the best of friends, but they also knew that they had each other's backs. And in their line of work, that was all that mattered.

(Note: this is not supposed to be a ship!)