Yeji blushed upon hearing the comment.

Sometimes, Ryujin curses that her mouth has a mind of its own. But seeing Yeji's reaction to the sudden confession, she let it slide this time.

"Oh!" The cat-eye seemingly remembered something and started fishing things out of her back pack. She took out a bento box wrapped in a colorful cloth and handed it to Ryujin.

"I figured you won't have time to eat after classes before meeting me so I prepared something."

Ryujin stayed quiet as she was trying to control herself and not explode with the gesture. It was very thoughtful, and she really was starting to get hungry.

She devoured the contents of the bento within minutes and gave Yeji the biggest thumbs up.

The rest of the date was spent with them walking around, and telling each other about their day. Like on the first date, Ryujin did most of the talking. But Yeji shared a bit more personal things this time.

She found out that she hates scary movies, and that her favorite is a French film called Portrait of Lady on Fire. Ryujin hasn't seen it and promised to watch it with the cat-eye next time.

She also discovered that Yeji's an only child, just like her. Her family lives in Incheon - not too far from the university, but she still chose to rent an apartment in the area.

Ryujin is aware that Incheon is a pretty expensive place to live in. Considering that Yeji can afford attending an exclusive uni, living alone in an apartment with two bedrooms and a spacious living room, and the car that she uses... all these made her more curious about the other girl's family background. However, she chose not to pry, because she can feel that Yeji's not yet ready to share details about that yet.

She instead cherished and appreciated that Yeji was starting to open up to her. She has a hunch that she doesn't do that to most of the people she knows.

During the whole stroll, Ryujin also developed a habit of taking photos of her - both known and in secret.

I would love to get used to this view.

She thought to herself as she was browsing back to the photos while on their way home - pumped to choose the best one and make it a subject of her a piece that she's eager to make.

*

It was an exceptional date and Yeji was so relieved that Ryujin seemed to like her cooking - or at least she made it look like she liked it. She knows that she's all too lacking in her domestic skills but she wanted to start learning about them, now that she has someone to actually spend her time with.

They arrived at Yeji's apartment a little after 8PM.

Despite having slept with each other before, their first two dates weren't very physically intimate, except for a few hugs and holding each other's hands while strolling. The cat-eye enjoys the slow process of getting to know Ryujin's character and personality more, and this doesn't really require them any deep physical contact.

So when they were saying goodbye after the Seokchon Lake date, they both found themselves unsure of what to do.

It was a first for Yeji. She never really had any trouble initiating physical contact, but Ryujin is different. Somehow, she always feel like a supernatural force who walks through her walls like they're not there.

Ryujin was bowing slightly but the red in her ears are still very visible. Yeji decided to jump the gun and pulled the brunette in to embrace her, stopping midway so their faces are only inches away from each other.

She grinned at the brunette's stunned reaction.

"It's surprisingly less annoying to hangout with you now", Yeji teased in a soft tone. Ryujin was too red to function so the former giggled and decided to lean in for a quick kiss.

"I had a good time, Ryuddaeng."

Still no answer from the brunette but she pulled Yeji tighter for a proper hug.

"Nothing beats hanging out with you. And I mean that even before we started dating."

Yeji gushed with the comment and hugged back.

Not even 10 minutes after she had settled in bed, the cat-eye received a message from Ryujin.

Would I be greedy if I ask for a video call right now?

Another message came right after.

*smiling emoji*

*praying emoji*

And another one.

I'm getting good at this, yeah? ;)

Yeji was smiling so wide her jaw started to hurt. Before she could even send a lame reply, she pressed the call button and waited.

"I knew you were waiting", Ryujin teased as her bare face covered the whole screen.

"I missed you, too. Already." Yeji answered truthfully. "And why is your face so close to the camera?"

"I figured you might want to see me better, so here I am."

The brunette gave her the widest grin as she moved back and laughed with Yeji.

Yeji lied back in bed as the other girl did the same.

"You're not gonna get rid of me now, Yeddeong", Ryujin said as she yawned and pulled her blanket up.

"You'd be the death of me, Ryujin-ah", Yeji whispered as they both dozed to sleep. 

a/n

love me some soft ryeji :'>