Chapter 7

"You've become brazen enough to talk back at the emperor, huh?" Instead of being enraged by the disrespect Claude found her response to be very amusing.

"I dare not your majesty"

Claude didn't grace her with a reply, instead, he focused his attention on the child.

"Not much of a talker?"

"..."

"Well, this is boring."

"I can talk." Cale decides to retort. Not because he was scared but because this man have the audacity to look at him with that dreadful gaze. Who is he to look at him like that? Despicable.

"Why did you stay silent until now?"

Deciding to break the tense atmosphere between the two, Diana interfered--

"Pardon me your Majesty, but kids or toddlers around young master's age tend to detect malice sensitively."

"So you are saying I am angry right now?"

"No..it wasn't my intention to tell you that. But I just want to advise his majesty to be mindful of your emotions. It can be the cause of your downfall if you don't control them efficiently."

That advice went straight to Claude's heart. Is she saying that he's weak with emotions? If he's vulnerable with them, then how did he survive until now? He already abandoned them a long time ago.

Riled by Diana's advice--

"I tire myself, I tire of you two. You may leave. Felix, you escort them back."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Azel! Lady Diana." Felix immediately carried Azel in his arm. He is so worried something might happen. Thank the gods nothing happened.

"Lady Diana, what happ--WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Diana's face is wretched with tears. While they were leaving in the garden, she watched the brothers reunite with each other. She can't help but be touched, but she was also very hurt by Claude kicking them out. Is her advice so bad that he has to kick them out? She's just worried about his well-being.

Sobbing her eyes out, Diana's beautiful face is drenched with tears. Her bright eyes are covered in mist. Her soft features became puffy with crying.

Cale saw her state of the situation and asked.

"Why awe you cwying?"