Chapter 3

Months have passed, and Azel is now 1 year old. He still wasn't used by the current name of this baby's body. So he just settled for the name Cale

He can't let go of the past.

Cale's subconscious told him, but he turned his eyes and ears off. Living this reality is much easier than letting go of the past.

Cale missed them.

Right now he was in his room playing with blocks of toys. It's hard to pretend to be a toddler knowing he's an adult inside. He didn't know how children act, he really couldn't use on and hong as an example because they didn't grow up as typical kids would.

Here he was having no choice but to play with toys, he didn't like. Hoping that the adults would not be suspicious about it.

Suddenly, there's a knock coming on his door, “Young master, can I come in?” A childishly sweet younger voice of a woman came from echoed from his door.

“Come in”

The person comes in, and it's none other than, his servant, Odelina. She is a kind and bubbly maid. Always ready for everything Cale needs. She's a perfect servant, unlike certain someone.

She's also the first one who knew he could talk.

Flashback

“Hello, Odelina" Cale is tired of pretending. He requires further information, like books… His servant is quite the fool, with little manipulation she will keep her mouth shut.

“Y-young master! You c-could talk?!” Odelina is very surprised, she heard from the rumors that the second son of the Robanes is a quiet child. When she took charge of him, the rumor seemed very true…. Now, he could talk? He's a genius!

“I-i need to tell this to His Grace immediately."

“O-odelina pwease wait.” Giving her the so puppy eyes, Cale pleads to Odelina.

Melting at the cuteness of her Young master, she stayed to listen to what he will say.

“I-i want to suwpwise bwother and fwather, pwease...” Cringing inside, Cale doesn't have any choice but to resort to acting like this.

Hearing his reasoning, Odelina is fooled. Like, literally…

“Of course, Young master, I will keep this even to my grave.” Replying enthusiastically she agreed with the terms.

Good, thank you for being the fool, Odelina.

Back presently, Cale and Odelina's presence is very harmonious. They look as if they got along pretty well. But, it's pretty one-sided because one is fooling the other while the other is oblivious.

It's not like she will know it, right?