02. bxd

the day went by quickly and it was now 6th period for the sopranos and tenors. brandon was cleaning up his lunch. he went to throw away his mc donald's bag in the trash bin by the door, when the door swung open and daphne walked in. brandon totally forgot the task at hand as he directed all his attention toward daphne. she turned toward him and gave him a small smile and a quiet hello. for the past few days, brandon has been thinking about asking daphne on a date. for the whole period, he has been working up the courage to ask her. the bell rang and he ran down the stairs and outside the pac as fast as he could. he stood by the glass door, waiting for her to walk out. he caught sight of her and started walking by her to go to 7th period.

"hey daph, so uh - like - um..." brandon struggled with his words. he was shaking and sweating, afraid of being rejected.

"um, are you okay brandon?" daphne asks with concern.

"uh yeah, just give me a second." he took a moment to recompose himself.

"so i was wondering if you wanted to hang out after school or something? kinda like, i don't know? a date?" brandon prepared himself for rejection, but was hoping for a positive answer.

"oh, sorry. i have work after school." even though brandon prepared himself for that, it still hurt.

"how about after i get off of work?" daphne compromised.

"yeah totally! i'll pick you up at your house." brandon was so relieved that she said yes. he was excited to spend time with her alone for a few hours. while he was day dreaming, brandon realized he didn't have anything planned for them to do. he texted his friends megan and jess for advice.

b - Hey guys, so I asked daphne on a date...

j - OMF

m - omg bruh

j - WHERE R U TAKING HER? WHAT R U GONNA WEAR? U HAVE TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING AND OPEN ALL THE DOORS FOR HER AND MAKE SURE TO WEAR A CONDOM OFMGDONFQFBE

m - yo jess chill

b - Chilllllll bruh

b - Ok, so I asked her on a date. But I didn't actually plan the date lol.

m - bruh wtf. U GOTTA PLAN THAT SHIT OR ELSE SHE GONNA DROP U BRUH.

j - Take her to a movie.

m - that's hella basic.

b - Tbh if I her took to a movie, I'd be nibblin' on that neck LMAO

j - BRUH

m - omg brandon smh bye

b - Jkjk! But seriously what should I do?

m - idk take her to dinner? go to the park?

m - actually maybe going to the movies is okay, so u can nibble on dat neck LMAO

b - Ok so dinner and a movie?

j - Yeah

m - yes. hella simple lol but classic.

b - K thanks you nuts!!!

j - Stay pure

brandon couldn't wait to see daphne, he just had to wait 4 hours.

*end of daphne's work shift*

brandon was waiting for daphne outside her house. he saw her front door open and she stepped out. he immediately got out of the car and opened the passenger door for her. she kissed him on the cheek before sitting in the car. it was such an unexpected gesture that caught brandon off gaurd. he just stared at her.

"um is something wrong?" daphne asked, wondering if she should have not kissed him on the cheek.

"oh, i'm fine. eheh..." he closed the passenger door and walked around to the driver seat, wonder what the night had in store for them.