Chapter 20- Detention

Start from the beginning

I could feel his breath on my face as he spoke. "Visit me sometime, yeah? I want to be closer to you." I blushed and nodded, and then he let me go and I went off to find Neville and Harry. My heart was pounding in my eardrums. Damn, Mattheo knew how to make someone's heart skip a beat.

As I was walking and looking for Harry, I found him outside of a classroom with his ear pressed against the door. I creeped towards him and he heard, motioning for me to join him but to be quiet. I pressed my ear against the door and I heard the familiar voice of Quirrell scream, "No, no, not again, please."

Harry and I both looked at each other, then pressed out ears back against the door. We heard Quirrell beginning to move and approach the door, so we quickly hid. He walked out and it looked like he was on the verge of tears as he straightened his turban. Harry and I looked at each other and he said, "Quirrell's been broken. All that's left between Snape and the Stone is Fluffy."

I rolled my eyes. "Harry, what if it's not Snape–"

"It has to be!"

"Then go tell Dumbledore," I said, challenging Harry.

"We don't have...concrete evidence," Harry admitted sullenly.

"I told you so."

———

That night at 11:00 p.m Harry, Neville, Draco, and I all met up at Filch's office, dreading whatever he had planned for us. Even though I knew what we were doing, I was still scared because it would be my first time ever going deep into the Forbidden Forest. We all were in front of the door and I lightly knocked on it. Filch opened the door and had a menacing grin on his face.

"Just in time. If any of you had been a moment later I would've punished you even harsher," Filch said, sending shivers down all of our spines. Filch then motioned for us to come with him, and we followed him all the way to Hagrid's hut, where Hagrid was standing outside and holding a lantern. Filch turned towards us and said, "Your detention is to be served with Hagrid. Enjoy what he has in store for you." Then, Filch walked away. We all then followed Hagrid towards the Forbidden Forest.

Harry spoke up and said, "Pardon me for asking Hagrid, but what exactly arr we going to be doing?"

As we reached the border, Hagrid turned around and stopped. He answered Harry and said, "I'm glad ye asked. We're goin' ta be scoutin' out the Forbidden Forest fer a poor unicorn to put it out o' it's misery."

Malfoy's eyes widened and he said, "Apologies Hagrid, but I thought we were going to be writing lines, not going...in there."

"Writin' lines! What good's that ter anyone? Yeh'll do summat useful or yeh'll get out," Hagrid said.

Draco grumbled, "Wait till my father hears about this. Sending first years into the Forbidden Forest!"

"Malfoy, be glad we aren't being tortured by Filch right now," I whispered in his ear. He nodded, understanding that this was much better than what Filch would've made us do.

"All right, here's the plan. Yeh'll split inta groups o' two. Harry and Neville, yeh'll come with me, and Draco and y/n yeh'll go together and take Fang. We'll meet back up here in about 5 teh 10 minutes."

Draco and I walked together with Fang, searching for traces of unicorn blood. Draco was obviously super scared as he said, "What's unicorn blood even supposed to look like? You know, we should go back to Hagrid and ask him!"

I quickly drowned the opportunity for him to go back when I said, "It's supposed to look very metallic and silvery. We don't need to go back."

Draco muttered again, "Wait till my father hears about this. This is so–"