'Yes.'

'This is ridiculous,' Cheryl said getting out of her seat and rushing to the locked door. 'Open the door.'

'I'm sorry Cheryl I can't. I'm not trying to corner you or make you uncomfortable, but I need to reach a part of you that may help you remember who you are.'

'Jughead I said open the damn door.'

Jughead just ignored her and turned his attention to the brunette who was still sat in her seat obviously lost in thought.

'Toni, you know what I'm talking about, right? You find both women and men attractive, it's nothing to be ashamed of-'

'Are you out of your mind?' Cheryl said storming back over. 'It is most definitely something to be ashamed of. I don't know what kind of delusion you're living in, but you can be sent away for that kind of deviance here.'

'I know that, I've read the history books. Look, just give me a moment to go through this with you both. Afterwards you can leave and never think about this conversation again if that's what you want.'

'Okay,' Toni said.

'Thank you.' Jughead let out a breath, 'Cheryl?'

'You have five minutes and this never gets mentioned again.'

'Fine.'

Cheryl took her seat again crossing her arms over her chest as she waited for Jughead to continue.

'As I was saying, the two of you were together in high school. You were the first openly gay prom queens and you were so in love. Both of you found something so special in each other you had other people wishing they had what you had.'

'Two girls can be together openly in your time?' Toni asked.

'Yes. I know that's not the case now and it's by no means perfect in the future, but you're supported by your friends. You're accepted for who you are.'

'You said I'm attracted to men and women in your time, is that the same for Cheryl?'

'She knows the answer to that,' Jughead said daring to look at the redhead. 'Neither one of you can change who you are. I know it's not safe for you to be yourselves here, but if we can get back to our time you can be your authentic selfs.'

'Is that all?' Cheryl said pushing herself out of her seat. 'I'm sorry Jughead, but you're wrong. I am in love with Archie, I could never be with a woman. As my father says homosexuals are against gods will. Now, let me out of this room before I report this to the principal.'

'Cheryl...' Jughead tried.

Toni sighed, 'just let her out Jug.'

He stood up with a huff and unlocked the door. Cheryl left without another word slamming the door hard behind her. There was silence in the room for a moment whilst Jughead made his way back to his chair.

'Am I going to regret telling her?'

'I don't know,' Toni said honestly.

'And how do you feel about what I just said?'

'I'm not sure, but please be careful with the information you share with the others. The versions of us you know may not have the same values as the ones here.' Toni stood up from her chair, 'but for what it's worth, I think I believe you.'

Jughead nodded as relief filled his body. If Toni believed him then maybe Cheryl did too she just wasn't willing to admit it and even if she didn't he knew he hit a nerve with her. Which means somewhere deep down something resonated with her whether she liked it or not.