𝒊. 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗁𝖾 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐𝗌 (𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕)

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝑊𝐻𝐴𝑇 𝑆𝐻𝐸 𝐾𝑁𝑂𝑊𝑆 (𝐵𝑈𝑇 𝑆𝐻𝑂𝑈𝐿𝐷𝑁'𝑇)
❪ 𝑎 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠. 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴 ❫
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

For as long as she can remember, Matsuko Hirano is ingrained with stories of magic and monsters. Sorcerers and curses. Instead of bedtime stories consisting of cute animals and innocent little girls, she's taught about sorcery wielding weapons and curse-dominated places. And she's told about her history, a history that withholds a legacy so pure and pristine that she must live up to as she grows older.

Her mother tucks her into bed and cuddles up next to her while her father drags a small pink stool, which is definitely too small for him, to sit next to her bedside. It's a routine, something Matsuko awaits for every night with glee only a child could express. And while she's very young in age and her early years of life will most likely be nothing but a hazy blur in her memory, she will cherish what she can.

Her father leans in close and there's an excited look in his face, almost mischievous because he's probably looking to scare her. Matsuko loves that about her father. He's funny. He tries to frighten her with silly curse stories or he says they'll eat her if she misbehaves but more often than not, she ends up intrigued and curious rather than afraid. But he'll keep trying to scare her and Matsuko will keep finding it funny.

Her father's name is Akio and her mother's name is Nana. Akio, or Dad, looks happy for the most part. He always does when he's about to start the bedtime story. He always complains about Nana's or Mom's bedtime stories. He says they are boring and fake. After all, mom likes to talk about princesses and castles.

She's taught about the very basics : sorcerers are good and curses are bad. And Matsuko absorbs the information like a sponge does water. Curses are described as gnarly and ugly. Akio mentions the scariest of all, Sukuna. He says that Sukuna has many arms and eyes and that he eats disobedient little girls like Matsuko and that h— her father abruptly stops talking whenever her mother is making those eyes at her husband, which basically mean shut up. But Matsuko is still entranced and her little mind is conjuring up pictures of this so called Sukuna. She lifts the covers up to her chin and her eyes are as wide as when she's looking at a cupcake, though not for the same reasons.

It's the first time that Matsuko is scared by one of her father's bedtime stories and it's the first time she can't sleep. Her room is too dark. Her window is open and the chilly breeze gently sways the curtains that adorn the frame. The moon is a full piece of cheese that night, not half a cheese like other times, and it shines brightly against the sky. The sky is too dark. The peaceful and innocent blue is gone and replaced by the darkness that night provides. There are shadows dancing in the walls of her room. She's all alone. Her mother's tender kisses have passed. Her parents have gone and bid her good night. All alone. What if Sukuna comes after her?