"My love," he murmured, lifting his head from her neck and tilting her chin up so her teary eyes would meet his own.  "Is someone else here?"

Ryha tilted her head in confusion, stepping back to take a good look at her husband.  She had known that the war would take some toll on him, but she didn't count on him seeing things or accusing her of the unspeakable.

"No," she replied.  "Of course there's no one else here.  Why would you ask such a thing?"

"Are you sure?" he asked, looking around their familiar apartment before meeting her obsidian gaze.  "I can feel something."

"Yes, Anakin, I'm positive." Ryha confirmed, her tone defensive.  "I've been home all afternoon anticipating your arrival, I would know if there was someone else here."

At her new change in attitude, Anakin was quick to feel apologetic, not even realizing how his question must have sounded to her.  He didn't mean it that way, he knew she would never, but that still didn't explain the new, strange, presence he was feeling.

"No, no, of course," he soothed. "I believe you, my darling, it's just—"

Anakin Skywalker reached and placed his hands on his wife's waist, desperate to reconnect, but froze upon contact. In an instant, everything — his entire world —changed.

Noticing his change in demeanour, Ryha looked up at him with a puzzled expression.

"Anakin," she whispered, tone fragile. "What's wrong? Are you alright?"

Anakin said nothing, just looked down at her stomach and moved his hands so that they were placed on her abdomen. And as soon as he did, the feeling intensified.

"Padmé said you've been sick," he murmured. "Ryha... have you been late?"

All at once, it clicked for Ryha.

Letting out a gasp, she reached down and placed her hands over his, tears fresh in her eyes once more.

"I thought it was stress, I—" she explained, seeming to choke on her own words. "I didn't even think..."

Little by little, the reality of the situation set in for both of them. She was pregnant, and despite the lack of testing, they both knew it in that moment.

Anakin and Ryha Skywalker were going to be parents.

Anakin was ecstatic.

Their love, the strongest and most powerful thing in the entire galaxy, the first and only of its kind, had created life. This pregnancy, this gift; it was the dawn of a new chapter for them. Anakin thought he was the happiest man alive by just being her husband, he had no idea he could even feel like this. He was going to be a father. A little girl or boy was going to grow in his beautiful wife, and they would be the perfect mix of him and Ryha. It was perfect. It was beyond what he could have ever hoped for them.

Ryha, on the other hand, was terrified.

How could they have been so reckless? Honestly, she wasn't even sure this could happen to her — a lot of the girls that she'd grown up with on Tatooine couldn't bear children due to the harsh environment they'd grown up in, what made her the exception? Things were finally falling into place for her and her husband, and now everything was going to change in a way she couldn't even get fathom. How was Padmé going to react? And Anakin? What if the Jedi Council found out that it was Anakin's? What was she going to tell people when they asked who the father was? With every second that passed, a new worry came to her, and before she could even process it, she was drowning in them.

But just as he always did, Anakin knew exactly what to say.

"We're going to be parents," he whispered in excitement, tears staining his cheeks, too.  "We're having a baby, Ryha."

"You're.... You're happy?"

"Happy?" Anakin asked incredulously.  "Ryha, my darling, this is the best day of my life.  You're not?"

"I'm worried," she replied honestly.  "I'm so, so worried, Anakin."

"About what?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed, but his smile remaining.  "What could you be worrying about when we have such wonderful news?"

"The question is what don't we have to worry about, Anakin." she replied.  "The council, the senate, Padmé, all of it.  Not to mention, I am not very strong, Anakin.  My body... I didn't even know this could happen..."

As more tears spilled, Anakin was quick to wipe them away, cradling her to his chest once more.

"Oh, Ryha, my love," he cooed.  "Everything will be alright, and everything will be as it's meant to be.  You don't need to stress over any of that other stuff — I'll handle it."

"But how?  I can't think of anything we can do about any of it."

"That's for me to worry about," Anakin replied seriously.  "I don't want you worrying about any of this anymore, okay?  Don't let any of that take away from this.  This... This is the best news I could have ever gotten.  This, Ryha, is all I have ever wanted.  Don't you want this too?"

And without even realising it, Ryha knew that it was.  All she'd ever wanted in life was to spend the rest of hers with Anakin by her side, safe and happy.  This pregnancy was more than she could have ever dreamed of.

Nodding, Ryha smiled for the first time since finding out, finding relief in her husband's reasoning like she always did.  Shedding tears for the millionth time that evening, she wrapped her arms around his neck, and leaned their foreheads together.

"Yeah," she whispered.  "I do, Ani.  I want this so badly.  That's why I'm so scared."

Taking her face in his hands, he placed a kiss on her swollen lips, and then reached a hand down to her stomach once more. 

"We won't worry about this anymore," he reminded.  "Let's just celebrate this, Ry.  The happiest moment of our lives."

Smiling wide, Ryha nodded and looked down at her abdomen, trying to imagine what she would look like in the coming months.  And the more she thought of it, the more excited she became.

"Come on," Anakin spoke, breaking her out of her reverie with a smile.  "Let's go to bed, Ry.  I need to hold you — both of you, I should say — properly."

Ryha didn't know what she did to deserve such a husband, but she was grateful for him every second of every day.  She couldn't imagine a better partner, and despite just having found out that she was even with child, she knew that he would make the best father imaginable.  So, without hesitation, she took his hand and entered into their chambers, where they laid intertwined and inseparable until the sun set and night covered the sky.

It was perfect.

Everything was perfect.

n// sorry if this sucked but they're REUNITED!!!!!! and she's PREGNANT!!!!!!! pls let me know what u think i hope u enjoyed i love u all!!!!