Saylor? Saylor, Please?

(Jodi's POV)

Caleb tried hard not to cry. "Here's the thing," the nurse said. "We don't know when or if Saylor Davis will ever wake up."

I could see the fear in Caleb's eyes. We went back to the waiting room to see the group. "Where's?-" Sun Hi started, but got cut off by Dylan putting his hand over her mouth.

"Saylor's in a coma," Caleb replied sadly. "Can we just go home?"

"Sure," Jared replied, and he drove us back to the school.

.....the next day.....

Corki, Sun Hi, and I were walking down the hallway when we heard Aria yelling. "No Sapphire! Wrong, wrong, wrong! Why can't you do anything right?!" she yelled. "Saylor was always great as this."

We rounded the corner and saw the two. "S-sorry," Sapphire whispered.

I walked up over to them. "Hey, leave her alone," I said. "Saylor might be in a fight with her, but she's still her beat friend."

"Oh, Jodi," Aria said with disgust. "Your outfit looks pretty tight. Why don't you slip into something more comfortable? Like a coma. Oh wait, Saylor already did that for you."

I paused. Did she seriously just bring up the girl she forced into a coma? I thought.

"Shut up," I replied.

"And what if I don't?" she questioned, giving me a look. "Face it Jodi, everyone hates you, but everyone loves the new girl, Aria. And if only Saylor had stuck by me. What a shame."

I looked over at Sapphire. She looked scared, like a lost puppy. I didn't know what was making Sapphire stick with this jerk, because she was nice. I just didn't understand that.

"You're just a jerk," I said to Aria, before walking back to my friends.

"You okay?" Sun Hi asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Just, just getting some stress off, that's all."

We walked back to the dorm room. Suddenly, I don't know what cane over me, but I just started crying. I guess it was what Aria said was true, Saylor really was in a coma. And sure, I wasn't related to her, but she's the closest thing to a little sister I'd ever had and probably ever would. And she was that close to death. If she wanted to, she could leave this world and never come back. Even if she didn't want to she could leave.

And maybe leaving was best for Saylor. Sure, it'd be rough on Earth, but for her, it'd be paradise. Heaven, the one place anywhere where there wasn't any pain or sadness, where everything was perfect.

But I shook that thought off. I hated even the thought of Saylor leaving us.

Corki and Sun Hi rushed to me, hugging me and telling me it was alright. But nothing they did could cheer me up. The one person who could wasn't even Caleb.

I need Saylor.

I walked outside the building, to the beautiful sunny day that was so inappropriate for my mood. I walked a few blocks down to a bus station. I got on and rode to the hospital.

After paying the driver, I walked into the hospital. The receptionist asked me who I came for and I told her Saylor. She told me the room number.

I rode the elevator to her floor and stopped off. I walked to her room, but I just didn't want to go inside. I couldn't bear it.

It took me five minutes to work up the courage to go into her room. I walked in quietly, and avoided all the machines that were hooked up to my best friend. I was afraid that even if I so much as touched one, it would break and Saylor would die.

I sat in a chair that was by her bed. I took her hand and put it in mine. "Hey Sayels," I said. "Look, I don't know if you can hear me, but if you can, everyone is really worried about you. And I know, I've got to have surgery on my colon in a week but still." (A/N: Jodi has colon cancer)

"Gosh Saylor, you've got everyone freaked out, especially me and Caleb. I think I might even be more freaked out then him."

"It's just, you're the closest thing to a little sister I've ever had. Sure, I had Stacey, but she was so bossy and she hated me."

"So, just, please, don't leave me, or Caleb, or Sun Hi, or Corki, or anyone."

"Oh yeah, and in other news, Aria is being a complete jerk, and I think she might be hurting Sapphire. She looked like a lost puppy today."

Suddenly, I didn't know what I was doing. I was singing for Saylor.

2 am and she calls ms cause I'm still awake
Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?
I don't love him, winter just wasn't my season
Yeah we walk through the doors
So causing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to criticize
Hypocrites you're all here for the very sane reason
Cause you can't jump the track we're like cars on a cable
And life's like an hour glass glued to the table
And no one can find the rewind button girl
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe
Just breathe
Oh breathe
Just breathe

"Please," I whispered next to Saylor's ear. "Just breathe."

I heard a knock on the door. I turned around to find Sapphire. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I just wanted to escape the pain," she replies sadly. "Even though seeing her like this is pain as well."

Okay, so, the chapter was shorter than the original, but I got all the important junk into it! Anyways, hope you guys like it. I have litterally been writing for the past twenty minutes non stop. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Thank you and Lacey!!! :)