xii. I'M FINE !

"I SAW A CERTAIN SOMEONE in your comments today." Eduardo says in a teasing tone as he takes a seat next to Serafina. He was clearly referring to a certain Borussia Dortmund player. He didn't fail to notice the way Vinicius turned his head in their direction in an instant.

She laughs, shaking her head at his teases. "It's not like that. We've just been talking a bit. Couple texts here and there, nothing to grand."

"I'm waiting for the news to say 'Jude Bellingham and Serafina de Goes are in a relationship'!" He exclaims loudly. She shushes him in between laughs.

"Wait, who texted first?" Rodrygo asks, suddenly intrigued by the whole conversation. He also didn't fail to notice Vinicius's blank expression. He looked like he was deep in thought but the younger Brazilian focus went back to his sister.

"He texted first." Serafina replies, taking a sip of her soda. "I can't lie, he's cute." Her reply made Eduardo tease her even more.

She gives him a light shove. He loudly laughs at her now flustered face. "Jude's not my type anyways!" She exclaims, trying to defend herself.

"Who is your type then?" Aurélian asks, suddenly intrigued.

Serafina leans over and gives him a gentle pat on his cheek as he smiled at her, "Don't worry, I still love my French boys." She says as Eduardo leans his head against her shoulder. She glances over at Vinicius and notices the hint of jealousy in his eyes. Everyone sitting around them notices the jealousy coming from him. He didn't hide it when he suddenly gets up.

Rodrygo and Eduardo share a look. The Brazilian was still in denial about his closest friend having a crush on his sister. But it seems like every interaction the two have makes it more obvious what he's been trying to deny.

Serafina quickly excuses herself to follow Vinicius. He went up to get a drink so she found him at the bar. "Hey, what's wrong?" She questions, walking up next to him.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He replies as the bartender hands him his drink.

She raises her eyebrow at him. Clearly, he was not fine. His posture was tense and his facial expression looked like he was upset. "Vini, we're friends. You can tell me anything."

They both mentally cringed at that word. Friend. Of course, Vinicius hated that word coming from her. He didn't want to be friends, he wanted to be more. But she had recently broke up with her boyfriend of almost 2 years. Surely she didn't see him in the same light.

Serafina had been having troubles in her mind ever since that night she called him drunk. Everyday, little by little, her heart started to long for him. She was too scared to accept it in fear that he doesn't reciprocate the same feelings.

But he did reciprocate the same feeling, explaining why he seemed to be so upset. He held tightly to onto the glass cup in his hands.

"I said I'm fine, Serafina." Vinicius replies coldly. She flinched slightly at his sudden change of tone. He lingers for a second before walking away from her. Instead of going to where they were once sitting, he goes towards a group of girls who welcomed him with open arms.

Serafina lets out a sad sigh as she kept her eyes on him with the girls. He seemed to be telling them a pretty funny joke by the way they all laughed loudly. She bites her bottom lip. She slowly turns around to order a shot. She needed alcohol in her system as soon as possible.

She gives the bartender a quick thanks before taking the shot. She walks past Vinicius and the group of girls he was with. She ignores the glances he gave her as she sat back down in between Eduardo and Aurélien.