12 | chapter twelve

I looked in between Felix and the boy. Felix's face was scrunched, as he gripped onto my hand tightly.

"I told you I was sorry about your friend. He marked me, not you, so why can't you just leave me alone?" Felix said hoarsely, as the boy chuckled, his hood having fallen down by now.

"I can't, because you're interloping with humans. Look, I know you need them to survive, blah blah, but Y/N was meant to die, but here she is, alive and well, and now you plan to mark her for yourself, no?" The boy laughed, taking a step forward as he placed a hand on my other shoulder.

"My, she is rather pretty though, compared to how she looked on her deathbed."

I was trembling. How did he know about that? How did he know who I was? Just what were they talking about?

He grinned, "Oh I don't mean to scare you, darling, but I know everything about everyone, especially those your dearest Felix has infected."

"Jimin." Felix seethed, pulling me behind him.

"That's enough, I'll come deal with you soon, just late me take her to class."

Jimin nodded slowly. "I'll give you a day to run, Felix." He laughed, before grinning again.

"With her memories, though? That's rather risky, saying the stones in her ears will block you. Let me do it." Jimin said, grabbing ahold of me again as he pulled me in close, his lips brushing my ear, not giving me a second to pull away.

"You won't remember this conversation, darling, but you will keep your distance from Felix, if you know whats best for you. Best of luck, and in the nicest way possible, I hope to never see you again." Jimin whispered, before pulling back and laughing.

I blinked, a faint feeling blurring my senses, as I grabbed ahold of Felix, stabilising myself.

He placed a hand on my back, turning away from Jimin as he walked with me to class.

"What happened to her? She looks sick, Felix." I heard a voice say, as I turned weakly, my eyes lit up as I saw Chan right in front of me.

"If you remember anything about our past friendship, you'll remember the guy you sold me to. He's messed with her head." Felix grumbled back, letting go of me slowly as Chan pulled me into his arms, allowing me to nuzzle my head in his neck.

"I missed you yesterday." I whispered, as Chan just smiled at me.

"I missed you too. Come on, you don't look too hot, I'll walk you to the nurses office." He said, keeping an arm around my shoulders as he started walking.

Chan nodded at Felix, as he just avoided his eyes.

Felix didn't know what to do. He was at a loss. He was certain he had gotten rid of Jimin years ago, after he killed his friend.

Which was an accident, but it wasn't Felix's fault. His friend was a hunter too, and his life was on the line.

At least only having one coming for him was better than two.

But Felix was stumped. He couldn't advance on you until he had berid of Jimin. As soon as his venom went into your veins, Jimin would use you to his advantage.

His mind control was stronger than Felix's ever would be, and he couldn't hear what Jimin had said to you, but he knew it wouldn't have been good.

"Felix! There you are- oh, no Y/N?" Jeongin asked, as Felix shook his head.

"We have to leave. The hunter is back, and I don't want you three getting mixed up in my mess." Felix sighed, as Jeongin placed a hand on his friends shoulder.

"You don't want to lose Y/N, do you? I'll help you get rid of the hunter, I promise. I couldn't help last time, but this time, I'm all ears, so whats the plan?"

"What happened, Y/N?" Chan asked, as I just shook my head, the feeling slowly dissolving.

"I don't know, it's just blurry. But thank you, for getting me away from there. Something was nagging me in the back of my mind to get away from Felix. I don't know why, but it's there. A gut feeling, I suppose." I said,as Chan just hummed, his mouth in a line.

"Well, that's unusual." Chan mumbled, and as the nurse came in, he spoke for me.

"She was really pale earlier. Dizzy, too. She may be alright now but I think she's best she goes home." He explained, as the nurse nodded.

"I'll go sign her out. Do you think her mum will be able to come pick her up?" The nurse asked, as Chan shook his head.

"No, but she doesn't live far. I'll walk her home." Chan said, the nurse nodding as she went to sign the both of us out.

He helped me stand, keeping an arm around my shoulders.
"I could probably walk home myself, you know." I said, as Chan shook his head.

"I know how you're feeling right now. You'll be on the floor soon enough. So, I'll walk you."

He was right, and as we got halfway from the school, I collapsed.

Chan carried Y/N bridal style to her house, unlocking the door with the spare key she had given him years ago.
He took her to her bedroom, tucking her into bed as he glanced at her desk, papers strewn all over.

He tidied it up, closing your blinds, as he sat at your desk chair, waiting patiently for you to wake up.

He also just needed the time to think.

This was the same hunter from years ago, he was sure. Having been turned into a wolf, the mind control from the hunter had worn off, allowing him to remember things.

"You're friends with a guy called Felix, yeah?" A boy asked, as Chan turned, passing a ball between his hands.

He turned, shocked at where the remark had come from.
A boy maybe a few years older than him stood at the edge of the court, eyeing Chan down. His hair fell in his eyes, as he was dressed in training gear, the type of stuff you would see in action movies.
A blade was in a pocket on his left thigh.

"You can just nod, but come outside with me. We need to talk, and you'll look like a crazy person in here. No one else can see me but you, Bang Chan." He said, turning.

Chan followed, passing the ball to his teammates and excusing himself.

As they stood outside, the mystery boy sighed.

"Okay, please talk, the silence is painful." The boy said.

"Who are you?" Chan asked, as he stifled a laugh.

"The names Jimin. I'm a friend of Felix's, but he's not returning my calls. Do you know where he is?" Jimin asked, as Chan froze.
He was skeptical of the guy. Just who was he? He had never heard Felix talk about him.

Felix only ever spoke about three other guys, his brothers, whom all lived abroad.
Jimin was not one of them.

"No, I don't. Sorry." Chan replied, turning to head back inside as Jimin grabbed his shoulder.

"Oh but you do, I can see your thoughts racing. You should know, he's a murderous vampire." Jimin said, as Chan just stared at him.

How did Jimin know that? And Felix meant no harm. He had saved his best friend, Y/N, when he could've just let her die.

"Saving one person doesn't make him good, Chan." Jimin said slowly, waiting for a response to his prior question.

"But-" Chan started, but Jimin shushed him.

"I've gotten enough from your thoughts. You can forget me now."

Then Chan was standing alone, and he felt queasy.

Then he was on the floor, a dark static silence taking over his senses, as he drifted into faint sleep.

He didn't wake up for hours.