Who's Gonna Call Ya Name

It was like any other day, the weather was calming with a light breeze. Mephone and Mepod taking a nap under Mephone's favorite tree after a long day of doing nothing in particular.
Mepod began to wake up from his nap only to see something directly in his vision. A butterfly was perched directly on Mepod's screen, but it soon began to flutter off. It probably was startled from Mepod's screen turning back on. Mepod giggled while chasing after the butterfly, not watching nor caring where this fluttery friend was taking them.
Mepod followed the insect, which felt like it was all over the island. "You can't run forever!" Mepod shouted at the butterfly while running up a steep hill. Soon though, Mepod tripped over their own two feet
She started to tumble down the hill, gaining a bit of speed as she was tumbling. It was all fun, until Mepod saw a big rock right where she was landing, and then all he heard was a loud crack before everything went black.

Mephone opened up his eyes, blinking any remaining drowsiness away while stretching his body. He then took a glance at the sky.
The sun seemed to have already set while the two were napping and the glimpses of daylight pronounced the smoky gray of the clouds. Mephone4 didn't even need to check his Weather App to know it was bound to rain soon. "Alright kiddo, looks like we need to head back now-" as Mephone spoke he looked over and saw that Mepod wasn't there. "Kiddo? Mepod?!" Mephone called out, but no response.
This immediately made Mephone worry. Mepod did tend to wander on their own from time to time, but he didn't want them to get any sort of water damage from the upcoming rain storm. Mephone generated an umbrella in his hands just to be safe and began searching. Mepod couldn't have gone too far.

Mephone looked in the usual spots he would find Mepod when he would wander off, but still no sign of Mepod. This did nothing but made Mephone's worry grow, especially since the rain was pouring now. Mephone walked up a particularly steep hill, hoping the slightly higher ground could maybe help with his search.
"Mepod!?" Mephone called out. He looked around but when he looked down, Mephone's Heart sank. He saw a familiar figure at the bottom of the hill.
It was Mepod who was laying face down in the rain. Motionless.
No. No no no no.
Mephone quickly came down the hill to get to Mepod.
Mephone went to pick up Mepod but he wasn't prepared for what he saw next. A very large crack going across Mepod's screen. Mephone wanted to cry from the sight alone.
He didn't know what to do, he was panicking. So many thoughts dashing through his head, He didn't even know where to start.
But he had to act fast, he had to try to ignore the rushing thoughts in order to figure out somewhere to go to find help. Then it hit him.The hotel. Someone at the hotel had to be able to do something. Anything.
Mephone picked up Mepod and ran in the direction towards the hotel. There just had to be help there.

It was a typical night for Oj. He was on the first floor having his night time tea he sometimes made for himself after particularly busy days. Having his cup of tea while hearing the late night rain was kind of relaxing.
Suddenly a loud banging on the door ruined the calming atmosphere. Oj groaned. Mephone tended to always bang on the door way harder than necessary. Oj placed his tea down and went to open the door. Whatever Mephone is here for, It better be important.
"Mephone, what did I say about banging on the-!"
Oj stopped himself as soon as he saw Mephone, holding an umbrella with a look of worry and distress on his face that Oj had never seen in all these years of knowing him. In his other arm was Mepod, who was limp in his grasp, and the huge crack on their screen. It didn't take long for oj to realize the severity of the situation.
"Please Oj, I need help."
There was a short pause before Oj responded.
"Get inside, I'll go get Test Tube."
Oj quickly let Mephone into the hotel, and grabbed the umbrella and placed it in the umbrella stand by the door. Mephone sat on the couch, cradling Mepod in his arms. It took all the strength he had to not break down. He felt he failed Mepad when it came to his behavior but he couldn't fail at taking care of Mepod, he wouldn't be able to recover from that. although he was struggling to recover from the thing with Mepad.
Mephone almost didn't notice Oj leaving the room, because of his thoughts.

It didn't take long for Oj to return to the lobby with Test Tube following him. It was obvious Test Tube was sleeping before Oj went to retrieve her. Test Tube's sleepy eyes widened when she finally saw what exactly was happening.
"Oh my goodness.! What happened!?"
"I-I don't know, we were napping and when I woke up they were gone, a-and then I found them like this.." Mephone's voice was shaky, still trying to keep some form of composer.
"Test Tube, Can you help them?" Oj asked.
Test Tube walked closer to Mephone to get a closer look at the damages. "I-.. I'll do everything I can. I'll take them to my lab to start repairs."
Mephone carefully handed the small device to Test Tube. Test tube then grabbed one of the umbrellas from the stand and quickly made her way out the door.
This left just Mephone and Oj in the lobby alone. Mephone looked at the floor, getting lost in his thoughts once again.
Test tube should be able to help Mepod, Unless he was too late in finding them and..
No, no he can't think that way, even if his mind kept wandering to the worst possible outcomes.

All Mephone could do now was wait.