lvi.

133 A.C.
SOMEWHERE IN THE STORMLANDS
•••

BRANDON LOOKED AT THE MAP SPREAD OUT BEFORE HIM. DURRAN AND ARGELLA LOOKED AT THEIR FATHER, waiting patiently for him to tell them their next move. Daemon was moving in the Riverlands, and Corlys was blocking off King's Landing, preventing any supplies from getting through. While House Tyrell was remain neutral, House Tarly, Costayne, Rowan, Grimm, and Mullendore of the Reach had sided with Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra had the forces, but Aegon had the throne. He had King's Landing.

"I don't understand why we don't just surround the city," Durran mutters crossing his arms.

"We don't move until Daemon takes Harrenhal," Argella tells her brother, "We need the castle. Then we can move."

"I say we lay waste to the West," Durran says crossing his arms over his chest, "Let them be an example of what happens to those that support the usurper."

Argella ignores Durran's comment, "Ravens came, father. The Vale has declared for Rhaenyra. The Blackwoods. The Starks and the North will soon follow. With the blockade, we simply have to wait them out."

"No," Brandon says, "As long as they have Vhagar, they have a chance."

"Then we need to subdue Vhagar," Durran states, "We get Meleys, Caraxes, Cannibal, and Syrax and we take Vhagar out. It's as simple as that."

"We don't know where Aemond is," Brandon states.

"That means that the dragons should never fly alone," Argella says as she looks at her father, "Vhagar could come out of nowhere. A one-on-one battle and all of our dragons are done. They should at least move in pairs. And we should keep Lucerys and Arrax in Winterfell until Vhagar is put down. He would attack then and that would weaken our stance."

Brandon looks away from the map and at Argella. He knew nothing of combat with dragons, but he knew that his daughter had a point. The dragons shouldn't move alone. They needed to be in pairs.

"Argella," Brandon says as he looks at his daughter, "Do you believe you could mount a dragon?"

Argella's eyes widened as she looked at her father, "I mean if Durran and Cassana could do it I have reason to believe I'd be successful?"

"The dragons need to move in pairs, or we'll lose our advantage," Brandon states, "You two go to Dragonstone and relay the information to Rhaenyra. Tell her that she and Rhaenys need to move together. If you're up to it Argella you claim a dragon and then one of you goes with Daemon while the other gets Lucerys and Elissa."

Argella looks over at Durran. She'd wanted a dragon when she was younger. When she was jealous of Cassana claiming one. But now she wasn't jealous, just fearful. But she owed it to Cassana. She had to avenge her.

"We'll leave now," Argella tells her father.

"Be safe," Brandon tells the two of them.

Argella looks at Durran and the two siblings head out of their father's tent. They make their way through camp walking side by side and Aliandra spots them, excusing herself from strategic planning.

"Did your father tell you what the move was?" Aliandra asks Argella as she joins them.

"To claim a dragon," Argella says as she looks at Aliandra with a forced smile. Aliandra looks over at Durran to see if Argella was messing with her but finds Durran's face to be stoic.

"Argella, your brother and sister got lucky but-"

"I could die," Argella says, nodding her head, "I know."