❀ 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 #𝟏

❝A boat in full bloom

A boat in full bloom.❞

Hi, everyone, I hope you all are doing well!

So, there have been some changes to the timeline, categories, and rules.

The deadline for forms will remain on the 10th. However, the judging period will be extended from 2 weeks to 3. Judging will now end March 31st.

There are a few categories with several participants and only a few judges. I hope we're able to get more judges within the next couple of days, but even so, I don't want the judges to feel rushed or overwhelmed.

Please be patient with me and the judges. I promise we will do the best we can!

There are now only 14 categories. Since "A Change of Heart" wasn't receiving any forms, I've decided to remove it from the awards and have allocated the judges there to other categories as needed. Every other category will move onto the judging portion of the awards.

Lastly, the rules. Nothing major has been altered. I've just added a limit on the number of chapters that can be put on a form as I noticed some participants are recommending all of their book to be read.

As this is a mini awards, it isn't likely for entire books to be read. Just portions of it that fall into the categories the best. Up to 10 chapters/parts may be included per category. Please try to refrain from adding more than that.

Now, I would like to delve further into the judging period.

Book assignments will be posted as early as the 12th. At the latest, on the 13th.

From there, judges will receive a DM from the awards account with their list of assigned books as well as the criteria/forms that will need to be filled out with 3 to 5 sentences each. This will act as the review.

Once finished, judges will send the completed forms through DM to this account. Judges, please keep the criteria/forms as neat as possible. For reference, the criteria/forms can be found in the "Criteria" section of the awards book.

Most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough, I ask judges to remain impartial and unbiased when judging. Judges are to remain objective.

If you happen to judge a book you wouldn't normally like to read, do not let that overshadow giving a proper score and review.

Criticism is welcome so long as it's not harsh or rude. Praise/compliments of an author's talent should also be included.

I will be looking through every criteria/form sent in, so please be mindful. I don't want to see any biased reviews or favoritism.

There will be more announcements throughout the duration of the awards. Most will be during the judging period so please make sure to check for updates.

With that being said, I'll end this announcement here.

Stay safe, everyone!

© smoothIikebutter