Chapter 9: He 'let's Off Steam'

Start from the beginning

That's when I acknowledged his choice of clothes. All he wore was black clothes, black shirt, black pants and black shoes.

He was out of the door before I could ask why. I quickly walked to my closet and started searching through my shirts. The faster I'm done with what I have to do with Seth, the faster I'll go to sleep.

It wasn't hard finding something to wear since almost half of my clothes were black. I took out a black sweatshirt that said 'Anti-you', black leggings and black flats. See? I follow the rules.

I walked down stairs to see Seth looking at a photograph while the TV was playing with The office.

I knew exactly what photograph he was looking, it was the one with all four of us when they were alive. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It was my brother's birthday.

"Daddy" I called him and he turned around surprised.

"Noelle, you were suppose to go and get your brother, where is he?" My father asked looking around.

"Marcus bit me when I was trying to wake him up" I whispered and a small tear escaped my eye.

"Oh come here sweetie" He said taking my bitten hand and caressing it with his thumb.

He placed a kiss where it was bitten and gave me a smile. "All cured, now stay here while I go get your brother".

He left to go and wake up Marcus and I walked to mom. "Hey baby girl, how are you doing?"

"Marcus bit me" I whined with a frown.

"It's okay baby, it'll heal in no time. Now let's get you breakfast" She said and I nodded.

She carried me into the kitchen and started making us some pancakes.

About 5 minutes later dad and Marcus came in. "Richard, did you sing happy birthday to him already?" Mom asked him and he shook his head.

"No, I thought we could do it together" He said sitting down beside me on the stool. He placed Marcus on his lap while I glared at the little animal I call brother.

"Marcus, say sorry to your sister" My dad ordered him and he nodded.

Marcus looked at me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I'm sorry for eating you and I love you Noelle".

I could never stay mad at my brother no matter how hard I tried. "I love you too and Happy birthday" I said and he flashed me a big grin.

I didn't know mom had taken a selfie with the camera. Me and Marcus were smiling at each other, dad was looking at us with a half smile and Mom was smiling at the camera.

I cleared my throat and he let go of the photo, placing it on the counter where it belonged. "You all looked so happy" He said.

"We were, that was Marcus 4th birthday a month before my dad died" I whispered but I know he heard it.

He stayed quiet for a minute not knowing what to say before he changed the topic. "Let's go" He turned off the TV with the remote and moved towards me.

Seth grabbed my hand and pulled us out of my house. He stopped for a few seconds as I grabbed my car keys , locked the door and placed the keys in my shoe. It just to guarantee I won't lose them.

We got outside and that's when I noticed what he was riding on. He had a freaking motorcycle in my driveway. "Get on" He said pointing to his bike.

Oh heck no!

"Can we please ride on my car? I will appreciate it and you can drive too" I offered and he thought it through before nodding.

I gave him the keys to my car and he sat on the driver seat.

As we backed out of my house I looked at his black motorbike. I once used to love riding on my dad's bike. I used to make him drive me to school. That was until the last time we both rode one, the day he died and a piece of me died along him.

I was pulled out if my sad thoughts when all I saw was road. Wait, he parked his bike on my driveway but sneaked through the window. He clearly didn't think his plan through.

I started to doze off but before I could actually fall back asleep we were already there.

We were on a random Street that was filled with graffiti. "Today munchkin, we are letting off steam" Seth announces stepping out of the car. I got out as well and looked around. There was nothing, just the big black wall that ran along my side until a corner. It was all filled with graffiti but they were a few exceptions.

"How? Staring at a wall?" I asked him and watched as a smirk appeared while he pulled out a black bag that was tucked into the wall.

"No, by painting on it" He opened the bag and in them were a bunch of different spray-cans.

"Isn't this illegal?" I asked Seth and he shook his head.

"No, the owner let's us paint here. He sometimes comes and paints with us. Now here" He explained and threw me a pink colored can. "Write your name or something like that"

I know exactly what I'm going to do.

"give me black too" I said and he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Why?" "Too read" I replied sarcastically and with a chuckle he gave me what I wanted.

I shook the can and pointed to the wall but stopped. "How do I do this?" I asked Seth and he came beside me.

"Just press the nuzzle and be sure to move the can quickly so that you won't splash the color in one area" He explained and I nodded. I think I've got this.

"Geronimo" I Whispered as I pressed down on the nuzzle.

°.°.°.°

I was done quite fast actually. It was sloppy but it's my first time so nobody can judge.

"What did you do?" Seth asked and a smirk appeared on his face once he saw my work.

In pink and black I wrote 'Munchkin & Finny'. "Don't get excited, I did it as a thank you" I explained and rolled my eyes.

"For what?" He asked looking over at me.

"For bringing me here and stuff" I said and he arched and eyebrow.

"Stuff?" He asked with another smirk.

"Yeah stuff, what did you do?" I changed the topic and his face brightened.

He did a small tada and revealed his part of the wall that I was left gaping. He did a red rose that wasn't the best but compared to my writing it looked like Leonardo Da Vinci did it.

"It's beautiful" I gaped still observing his work.

"I dedicated it to you, you know since your name is Rose" I swear I could see his cheeks turn a light shade of pink but it quickly faded.

"That's so cute" I said which earned me a smirk.

"Let's get out of here, where do you wanna eat?" Seth asked collecting all the spray-cans and placing them in the bag.

"McDonald's" He didn't need to be told twice before we got in my car and drove to our destination.

"Write it in your heart that every day is the best day of the year"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson