My Lovely Little Abyss

Hello, I'm Isaac and I'm writing this journal in hopes that I will remember this place when I wake up. I can't remember how I got to this place. The last thing I remember was a light and a deafening sound akin to a horn, I then found myself in this strange place. This place is an empty space that stung my eyes and deafened my ears with endless grey nothingness. Whilst initially greatly confused by being greeted by such an unordinary spectacle of emptiness, I quickly tempered my nerves with the realisation that this place is nothing more than the creation of a dreaming mind. I began strolling through that grey purgatory, no inkling of which direction I was heading. During that leisurely stroll, my brain started moving, why am I doing this? What reward would I find after my legs stopped walking? I must be a glutton, because all I could think of was food, a burger, a greasy, fatty, and delicious appetiser to heart disease. But, bouncing the thought of a hastily made delicacy around my brain had a rather interesting result: the burger appeared in the air in front of me. I was perplexed, I was aware I'm in a dream, but I was oblivious to the fact I can transmute thought into matter. Even more perplexing is that the burger tasted good, even better than the image my mind could muster.

This void is brilliant, a lucid dream, soft like clay yet sugary sweet and stronger than steel. If I could stay here, dreaming forever, this place would become my personal slice of Eden, but the cold clawed hand of reality will always come eventually, tearing through the veil of imagination to drag you, kicking, and screaming, back into the mundane world. Knowing this, I finished inhaling my burger and sprang to my feet like an excitable toddler. Once again, I reached deep inside my peanut sized mind, thinking of a notebook, one bound in hard leather that enshrouds white paper sheets. When I opened my eyes, you can already guess what was in my hands. I opened it up, appreciating the euphoric smell, conjured a pen and began writing down what happened. These pages are the key to remembering this place after I'm torn away. I may not have long, but if I can cure world hunger with a thought, I must see what else can I do.

Entry Two

Hello, this is unexpected.
By God, I have been busy. As soon as I finished the first entry I got to work. I started small with a white plastic chair to sit on, then a flatscreen, then a marble bathtub. In what felt like minutes I had already built my dream home from the inside out, a beautiful wooden palace, constructed without the faintest worry of costs or environmental damage. Walking through the stained-glass doors, I filled my abode with delicious food, fitting furniture and paintings from the most arrogant artists. I sat, contented with my creation, yet my chest felt hollow with the realization that my time here was coming to an end. I steeled my nerves with a deep breath and went to sleep, expecting to awake in boring, stinky reality.
Yet here I am, writing another entry in my literal dream journal. I awoke still in my palace, not tired in the slightest. My mind was racing a mile a second to understand why I'm still here. Maybe the cold hand of reality is also dreaming, maybe I'll be here for a long time.
I have no idea how long I'll have before I wake up, so why not literally live out my dream life? In this space, I can be a god, transforming my surroundings to my liking, can anybody else imagine having that sort of freedom? What else can I make? I need to experiment.

Entry Three
Howdy.
I've been experimenting, and it would be far easier to say what I can't do. I went away and got more complicated with my experiments, moving from burgers and chairs to a marble bathhouse that even the Greek gods would envy. However, I needed to create something better, something dynamic.
I thought up a Newton's cradle but I – overdramatic as I am – swapped out the little beads to gigantic wrecking balls suspended by nothing but my own will. Going further, I swapped the balls to different elements, one was made of rusted steel, another made of yellow light, another of swishing blood and the last of blue fire. With each alteration, I felt taller and stronger, commanding impossible constructs like a narcissist commanding their children. With my cradle complete, I excitedly trembled as I raised the steel ball up in the air and prepared it to smash into its siblings. After I released it, the momentum passed through each ball until the last one flew upwards before crashing down and continuing the cycle. I cheered and jumped in a bout of serotonin induced lunacy as I had created a dynamic mechanism, one that would work independent of my input. However, my joy was short lived as my cradle was so loud it felt as if my ears were being repeatedly struck by frying pans. Without a thought I yelled 'Enough!' and the sound vanished as if I had gone deaf. Looking upwards, my cradle was still working yet the crashing was silent, as if each ball was wrapped in carpet. Perplexed, I thought of what sounds should be happening, only for them to return and be once again banished with another thought. It appears my creations operate according to how I command them to, not on the laws of physics that reality arrogantly prides itself on.
Content with my dynamic creation, I turned away and directed my mind to other matters. I thought that this lovely little abyss worked according to my wishes, that I was king. Well, it appears that this place is French because as soon as I turned my mind away from the cradle, a deafening sound erupted from behind me, pushing the air out of my lungs and crushing my joyous spirit. As I turned, I saw the wrecking balls rolling on the ground and shooting a wave of panic into my brain as I focused on the one made of fire, fearful of its spread. I felt as if my heart were beating out of my chest as my perfect sphere of placid flames erupted into a blue inferno that angrily crawled towards me. Reaching out, I whimpered for it to stop, it didn't. I fell on my back and began crawling away whilst it approached like a vehicle about to hit me. I felt hot tears in my eyes before another feeling took over, a wave of hot anger that arose from deep in my mind. 'Enough!' I yelled, making the fire stop in its tracks and slowly evaporate into sapphire smoke.
My experiments are bearing fruit, both bitter and sweet. I can create anything from a speck of dirt to a clock tower, but my constructs need my input like an animal needs air. But progress is progress, if knowledge is power, I'm quickly turning into Hercules. I'll keep experimenting.