25. like a real scot.

Start from the beginning

"That's fine," my grandma got up from her seat, as if she knew, "I will go make some more tea for us." She shuffled into the kitchen, the next room over.

"Hey," I said, raising my phone to my ear. Both excitement and fear rushed through my body, battling for dominance.

"Hey, Rylin," Remington sounded the same way he always did when talking to me. My excitement won the battle. he would not sound like this if he had bad news, right? And well, he did promise he would figure something out.

"So," I asked, "are you calling with good or bad news?"

"Depends," Remington answered, amusement in his voice, "do you enjoy spending time with me?"

"Of course I do," I rolled my eyes, fiddling with one of my grandma's couch pillows, "we're friends."

"Good." Something in his voice changed, making me look at my feet, even if he was not here, and I did not need to avoid his gaze. What was going on? I wished I could read his mind, that his thoughts would roll over a screen the way the backstory did at the beginning of every Star Wars movie. "Sorry," he muttered, after a few seconds of background noise, "someone walked into the room. But you are in London, right?"

Something stung in my chest, but I pushed the pain away. "Yes, I am."

"Well then, I can tell you my top-secret plan." The warmth came back to Remington's voice, and so did my grandma from the other room, clutching a teapot in her hands. She filled up my cup and put in a dollop of milk, the way I liked it. I thanked her with a smile.

"So there's a plan?" I tried not to smile, and keep my face as neutral as possible, but I saw curiosity spark in my nan's eyes. "Explain away."

"Are you sure you're ready for this top-secret mission?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." It was the truth. Every time I saw him, it felt like being caught off guard. Being blown away just by the simple fact of his existence. How any time he looked at me with that little smile of his, my heart started beating louder, and how every time I saw the spark of lust, the traces of the fire in his eyes, I did not know how to handle myself anymore.

"Okay, okay." He broke through my thoughts, and my head made a little shake before I could compose myself again. I did not only have to pay attention to what Remington was saying, but also to the elderly lady sitting across from me with eager eyes and ears. Act normal for once, Rylin.

"My plan is quite simple," He continued, "I booked you a room in my hotel, I will text you the address. It's under your own name."

"Hmh." My heart clenched thinking about how much money this man was spending just to spend a few hours with me. I did not know exactly how much that hotel room cost, of course, but judging by the fact that Remington was staying there too, not cheap.

"Now, the key is." He started talking slower, marking the importance of what he was about to say, "You can't come in before eight. Half past or later would be ideal. I will be playing the show then, and I am counting on the fans being at the venue then."

"Okay," I said, taking in the information.

"And one more thing, in case there are people camping there, or something, please wear something non-suspicious, maybe something to cover your hair?" He paused, and I could hear him sigh. "I hate to do this, but if someone spots you now, and in Wolverhampton too, or wherever, everything could be out so easily. I just don't want that to happen."

"I know," I could not keep the sad tone from my voice, "It will be okay."

I would not lie, I was kind of scared of going to that hotel, now. Scared of everything being exposed, out in the open like Remington just said. Scared of the wrath of a bunch of eighteen-year-old girls.