beta Act I Auther's Notes [Outdated]

Start from the beginning

Tried to show that he is a bit of a fanboy of amazing people, as well as his sense of responsibility.

There is also his, um, 'unaggressiveness', is that a word?

Anyway, his bad habit of hoping for the best because he is unwilling to be confrontational is something he must learn to overcome over the course of the story, and readapt into the ability to see the best in people and draw it out of them, a different kind of Hero from Julius.

Need to better show his 'ability' to see through people to their core while missing the oblivious in the rewrite.

Hero - Julius Zagan Analeit:

Objectively the best boy, and I see no need to change him.

Which is unfortunate because he deserves a better ending than dying on the battlefield after seeing his love die there too.

Anyone got any ideas?

Half-Elf - Anna:

I want to explore the themes of motherhood and outliving those you care for with her.

Which is gonna be hard because if it isn't obvious enough, I am no mother nor am I old enough to witness generations pass by me.

Advisor - Kanata Ooshima / Karnatia Seli Anabald:

Inspired by skyGaia's stories, go check them out, I wanted a more in depth exploration of her discovering / accepting herself as a girl all along.

Something something, you shouldn't let what you are define who you are.

Also what it means to take care of someone, i.e. being overprotective and sheltering someone from harm isn't that good for them.

I completely failed to show her grieving the loss of her old life, or at least explain why she doesn't seem to care.

Oni - Kyouya Sasajima / Razraz / Warth:

Not too happy with where his characterisation is right now, a little too 'perfect' if you know what I mean.

I want a story about someone learning to tame his emotions instead of fighting them, so he may use them constructively instead of going out of control, becoming destructive.

In other words, his secret is that he is always angry.

That bit about liking cute things feels super weird looking back on it, could have worded it better.

Teacher - Kanami Okazaki / Filimos Harrifenas:

A tale of desperation and regret, in the unfairest of circumstances, and eventually learning to forgive herself for the cruel responsibility placed on her.

Her chapters felt hollow though, I should have tried to mention the other students more.

Elf - Potimas:

I hate writing him, because I hate him, because he is too good of a villain.

Well, the other reason I hate writing him is because of the finer details.

The timeline, the tech, the operations, I am gonna be so glad when he finally dies.

Leader - Sachi Kudo / Lider Svoboda: