☆seventeen☆

it was the end of the summer, the filming for obx had wrapped and everyone was getting ready to head back home.

quin finished up packing and headed off to rudy's, she had planned to stay with him in california until she figured out an alternate place to stay and another job.

with the pay she got from obx; she'd be set without another job for a while, however she loved to work and was eager to get back to it.

rudy was helping her to load her bags into his jeep when her phone rang "oh that's weird, the numbers from honolulu" she squinted at her phone "i'm gonna answer it just in case it's important" she told rudy before kissing him and walking onto the porch.

rudy leaned on the hood of his car and stared at quin who was sitting on her hammock as she spoke into her phone; rudy was beyond happy to have quin back in his life. as he watched her he saw her expression go from blank, to excited, to pale as a ghost.

she thanked whoever was on the other line, then made her way down to rudy. she leaned on the hood next to him and ran her fingers through her hair.

"who was it?" he asked.

"um... it was the ceo of the world surf league competition" she began "he uh, saw the photos i took for obx and asked if i can come shoot the competition"

"are you serious?!" rudy exclaimed "that's crazy!"

"yeah... it's just that they want me to get down there as soon as possible so i have to change my flight and go like... now if i'm going" she explained "the competition isn't for another 4 months but they want me there in the press conferences and for promo" she explained.

"then let's change your flight" rudy offered enthusiastically.

"no, rudy" she shook her head "i just got you back, i don't want to leave you again" she argued.

rudy looked at her and tucked a stand of hair behind her ear, he smiled in a comforting way "then can i come with you?" he asked.

"you're serious?" she asked.

"yeah! i've always wanted to go to hawaii" he smiled "it's just a plus that i'd get to go with you".

"rudy, what if you get an opportunity for a role while we're there" she thought "i don't want you to have to give up an acting gig for my career"

"look" he began "there's gonna be other roles, if i have to pass up a couple to have a vacation with you then i'll do it 100 times".

quin looked up at rudy apologetically, although he wanted to come; she still felt like she had done something wrong. she couldn't believe how supportive he was; she had never been with anyone like him and she was so grateful to have him.

"so... can i come?" he smiled.

"yeah... yeah you can come" she nodded, kissing him softly.

 yeah you can come" she nodded, kissing him softly