☆one☆

quin and rudy met in college, they were at a party hosted by a mutual friend. quin was an introvert; she didn't have many friends, at the time she was dating a boy named eric who she met in one of her classes.

she had one friend other than her boyfriend; jess. jess was all of the things that quin wasn't; tall, pretty, confident, good with guys. quin envied jess but also admired her.

quin searched the party high and low for jess and eric; only to reveal that the two were hooking up in the hot tub. quin was crushed, she sat on the front porch in an attempt to get away from the noise of the party to call a cab back to her dorm. that's when she met rudy; he was beautiful, she didn't think she'd ever have a chance with someone like him.

he immediately tended to her, he could tell that she was upset so he sat beside her and did all that he knew how; made her laugh. quin liked that although he knew she was upset, he didn't ask her what was wrong or if she was ok; he just knew what to do.

that's what quin liked about rudy, he always knew what to say and what to do. they dated throughout college, quin was studying to become a photographer and rudy wanted to become an actor. the couple went to separate colleges but saw each other daily; everything was great between them until graduation.

quin was offered a position in paris to photograph for a magazine and rudy wanted to stay in california to grasp any acting opportunities; this was the couple's downfall.

they inevitably split, they were young and broke; fresh out of college with no money to fly back and fourth to visit each other. it was devastating for both of them but they couldn't hold each other back; it wasn't fair for either of them.

quin watched rudy from a distance, they didn't follow each other; it was too difficult however, rudy landed a big role in a netflix series so it wasn't like quin could avoid seeing him in the media.

quin had moved on eventually, she met a man in paris named charlie and lived in a small flat with her best friend nia. quin loved her job although she didn't love her boss; he didn't let her live up to her fullest creative potential.

she missed home and from time to time missed rudy but she knew that it wasn't meant to be and this was the life that she was meant to live... wasn't it?