6.

Kokushibo held the injured and unconscious boy in his arms.

His demon slayer outfit damaged, parts of the kimono and pants were missing and torn.

If Kokushibo had been unsure about Douma before, he'd made up his mind for sure now.

That bastard would pay with his head.

He sent Iris to inform May, though he knew what could happen just by showing up at a hashira's estate, Muichiro was more important than himself.

He was glad Douma had only left Muichiro injured and decided he had better things to do than kill him.

And Douma was also unaware Kokushibo got there afterwards.

Rushing through the shade of the trees, he could see wisteria trees and a mansion ahead, must be it.

Contrary to popular belief, the wisteria trees only kept regular and lower moon demons away.

The upper moons could get through, though it would burn their lungs a bit when they inhale the air around the trees.

He'd have to tell May about that afterwards.

He bursted through the doors before he knew it, surprising two girls with butterfly hair clips.

Yep, this was the place.

One went to place a hand on her sword, while the other just stared at him in shock.

"U-u-upper moon 1?"

He didn't have time for this right now.

"Where is Mayumi Kocho? Your sister."

That seemed to surprise them both further.

"How do you..." One began.

Though May's voice interjected.

"Koku! Bring him this way!"

He ignored the other two still shocked girls and took Muichiro to a room with multiple beds everywhere, a medical ward.

He ignored three other boys in the background and placed Muichiro down on a bed.

Shinobu promptly rushed in, eyeing him for a mere moment, before returning to check on Muichiro and get him situated.

Seems she knew now.

"How bad?" May asked.

"Nothing major, Douma seemed to lose interest in him after he collapsed." Kokushibo shook his head with a frown.

He noticed Shinobu momentarily freeze at the mention of Douma, but she quickly went back to her task of helping Muichiro.

"He doesn't appear to have any major exterior injuries, or any internal injuries or internal bleeding. Mostly just cuts and a couple bruises, but he'll be fine otherwise. We'll have to get him a new uniform now though."

She looked to May with a sad expression.

"I know you gifted this outfit to him on his 12th birthday, I'm sorry nee-san."

"Do not worry about that, clothes can be replaced, people can not." Mayumi said with a sigh.

She just looked so done after today, which Kokushibo understood.

Mostly he wanted to go hunt down Douma and make him suffer for harming his descendant, his child, but that could wait.

"Now, care to explain how you got in?" Shinobu looked at him, clearly looking him over suspiciously.

He expected nothing less from a protective sister.

"Your wisteria trees are useful, against lower ranked demons and basic demons, but they are overall ineffective to upper moons like myself. At worst the air surrounding them only slightly burns our throat, so they won't protect you from the other upper ranks." He stated flatly.