chapter two: drag race

Annalise sighed heavily as she wiped down the counter for what seemed the millionth time today, "someone's tired." Jesse commented as he noticed Annalise sigh.

"i'm so bored" was all Annalise could say, she wasn't lying. Dom got mad at her for trying to convince him not to do a job so he put her on two hours of counter-duty. Just as she was about to say something else, she noticed Mia get all excited.

"ANNIE!! HE'S HERE, MIA'S BOYFRIEND IS HERE" Letty yelled, Annalise threw the cloth as Dom stood up and the two made their way to the main counter.

"everyone this is Brian! okay this is my brother Dom, his girlfriend Letty, Leon and Jesse, and Annalise." Mia introduced, the blonde scanned everyone but his eyes locked with Annalise's as the realization hit them both, none of them were expecting this. "hi" was all he could say, "hi, it's nice to meet you." Annalise said, trying to play it off. He was confused for a moment but then he realized that Mia was right there. Everyone stood in silence as Brian stared at Annalise, Mia kept looking between the two as she noticed the slight tension. "lils! let's go, Vince is waiting." Letty said, trying to break the tension. "where are you guys going?" Mia questioned, "Vince's car stopped working so he called Lily and I to help" Letty answered as she tried pulling Annalise away. "come on Annalise" Letty said, "oh right, sorry" Annalise apologized as she realized that she had been staring at Brian for quite some time. "it was nice meeting you." Annalise said just as she and Letty turned to walk away, "what the hell was that about?" Letty asked, "he just looked familiar, that's all" Annalise lied, but Letty didn't buy it.

As much as Annalise was hell of a good liar, there was only one person who could tell the difference between a lie and a truth that came out of Annalise's mouth. The two met around the time Annalise first came to LA, they grew close and they were practically attached to the hip, they told each other everything, which is why Letty hated whenever Annalise would lie to her.

The two girls soon finished helping Vince with his car and once it was ready the three headed out to a race. Annalise decided that she would race tonight since Letty wasn't gonna race, after all, she hated competing against her friends.

When Annalise pulled up to the race in her Corvette, the whole place was already at full blast.  Women dancing everywhere, men checking out cars and making bets, people making out anywhere and everywhere, music blasting loud, Annalise smiled to herself, she may have not liked socializing much but she definitely lived for the vibe of the scene. Annalise stepped out of her car and as she shut the door she bumped into someone when she turned around.

"oh sorry." he apologized quickly, she balanced herself and then realized it was Brian.

"it's okay." she replied smiling. "here to race in your Eclipse?" Annalise asked, "yeah. you racing tonight?" "yeah, since Letty isn't." Annalise answered.

The crowd then went crazy and Annalise knew that Dom had arrived, she pulled Brian to her secret spot that wasn't busy all the time, she smiled at him as he smiled back, he was about to say something but the voice of a man stopped them.

"heyy Annie!!" Hector, one of the race organizers, also a close friend of the Toretto family, and Annalise of course, said as he saw her. 

"hey Hect!" Annalise said before hugging him, "Brian this is Hector, one of the race organizers. and a good friend." Annalise introduced, "ah are you Annalise's boyfriend?" Hector questioned as a joke, "no he's my boyfriend." Mia said as she and the rest of the gang joined Annalise and Brian. Dom narrowed his eyes at Brian, the day before, they never properly meet so Annalise and Letty were really curious to see how this played out. "ayy Dom!" Hector said as the two fist bumped. "buster." Dom greeted, "Dom." Brian said back. "so this is the buster, huh?" Vince said as he eyed out Brian. "can you guys stop it? jesus, come on Brian" Mia said as she pulled him to his car, "but I-" Brian started but stopped when Mia grabbed his hand, before they could get far, Brian yelled out. "good luck Annalise!" she chuckled at him and turned to look at Letty, but Letty had her eyes on some girls who had their hands on Dom, before Annalise knew it, Letty walked out to them.