b e f o r e a n d a f t e r

short lil fluff piece. PG-13 safe lols.

Billy sits straddled on his boyfriend's lap, staring at his face intently, Teddy's hands loose around his waist. They're an hour away from a party and the young witch is carefully doing the other's makeup in their bedroom.

"Look up," Billy commands.

"What are you doing?"

"Stop asking that. It's gonna look great."

Billy brushes the underside of Teddy's eyes with a thin stroke of dark green, complimenting the emerald tone on his lids. The deep shades perfectly compliment his eyes, the smokiness making him look uncharacteristically mysterious.

"Okay, time for the worst part."

"Great," Teddy laughs, and Billy hushes him with a grin.

He pulls out the eyeliner and readjusts on Teddy's lap, taking a firm hold of his chin with his left hand and beginning to fill in his waterline with the other. Teddy leans back on his hands and continues his upward stare.

"Dont blink."

"I'm trying, I promise."

Billy's hand rests against Teddy's cheekbone as he rounds out the liner and adds a thick wing. As he pauses momentarily, Teddy takes the hand in his and leans up to kiss the distracted boy.

"Mmfh. I've only done one eye." 

"Fine. Fine." Teddy scoffs and trails his hands down Billy's back before resting again at his waist.

Billy carefully lines the other eye but before Teddy can move he's holding his face still with one hand and reaching into the small makeup bag again with the other. Teddy silently stares at the face so close across from him as Billy swipes a mildly tinted gloss across his lips.

"Done now?" Teddy begs playfully.

Billy sits back on Teddy's knees, inspecting his work. His eyes linger on the carefully painted eyes and return again and again to the shining pink lips.

"God, you're beautiful," he breathes, and Teddy blushes.

Billy and Teddy stagger into their dark home, their laughter filling the stark silence. The party lasted deep into the night and the pair had more than their fair share of drinks. Teddy swore he had sobered up enough to fly them home but Billy insisted on a spell to get them there safely.

"We should teleport more often," Teddy comments.

"Only when we're drunk. I like flying with you."

They don't bother to turn the lights on, just kicking their shoes off at the door and moving hazardously through the room.

Teddy bumps harshly into the table and swears, laughing. Billy laughs out an "Are you okay?" He finds his boyfriend in the dark, leaning against the table.

Teddy doesn't answer, instead trying to find Billy's lips but only succeeding in kissing him over the eye.

"Oh my god, you taste like eyeshadow."

Billy laughs wryly and pulls Teddy over to the couch where they roughly sit down. Fumbling in the darkness, Billy leans against Teddy and finds his hand to hold.

The young witch speaks, "I hope we're going out like this for the rest of our lives. Or no. Coming home like this for the rest of our lives."

"Me too."

Teddy leans against Billy for a moment before finding his face more successfully as his eyes adjust. He swiftly kisses his boyfriend, who immediately opens his lips in response. Teddy rises over Billy's lap and runs his hands through his hair while Billy's clawing hands caress the small of his back, the curve of his shoulders.

And the two feel completely content, even more so than in the euphoria of the party, to simply be alone in each other's arms, falling asleep on top of each other in the living room.

this was a fun one to write, two little ideas i've had for a while. lmk if you'd read more like this orrr if you have any more suggestions.

xx pen