Four | Tell Me Lies

• • • •

• • • •

"Now that Oscar and his crew are here, it's going to be even harder to keep things from your brother. So, are you sure you don't want their assistance in this?" Tobias asked me.

I nodded my head, sure of my choice.

"They don't need to know" I confirm. Serena nods in agreement.

"Alright, we're gonna lure Oscar out tonight, then we'll send them to a place where nobody is, while we race in the underground" I conclude.

"We go to Santiago's, I tease him a bit and I make him follow me, you'll be on the look out for him and his gang" I say and everyone nods.

"Alex, don't get too close...I don't like this" Serena said and pulled me slightly aside. I nodded and side hugged her to calm her down.

I kissed her cheek before pulling away. "It'll be okay, I can handle him" I assure her.

We all got ready and left for Santiago's. I double checked my weapon, I counted the bullets in my gun before sticking it in the back of my leather pants.

One I was ready, I pulled the zip of my leather jacket up and Louie joined me.

"One day I'm gonna marry you" He said breathlessly as he gazed at me.

I chuckled and shook my head before swinging my arm over his shoulder.

He wrapped his arm around my waist and walked out with me.

"Everyone ready?" I call out as we walk out to the cars and motorcycles.

"Ready for what?" A voice calls out. I froze and Serena's eyes widened.

I knew exactly who it was.

"Get going, I'll take care of him" I tell them and they nod before leaving in their cars and motorcycles.

"What are you doing here Marcus?" I ask as I finally turn to him. "Something's going on and you're gonna tell me what" He said in a 'as a matter of fact' tone.

"You're delusional as always" I retorted amused before making my way to my motorcycle.

"Tell me I'm wrong—look at me and tell me I'm wrong" Marcus dared me, he blocked my way to my motorcycle and I froze once again.

My body deceived me, freezing by his presence and words made me feel and look weak.

"You're wrong" I say and look into his eyes. I did my best to give nothing away, but his presence did something to me, something I didn't like.

Without warning, he wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and pulled me closer into his face, our noses almost touched and my breath got stuck in my throat.

"Stop lying" He whispered in a deeper voice than before.

"I'm not" I snap at him, I lift my hands to push him back—but he squeezes his hand around the back of my neck, reminding me of his hold.