Father and Son

"Any chance I can come to your house after school?" "Why? We only met today?" "You're a real cool dude Green. I like spending time with you." Green looked down like he was in deep thought. "The only rooms you can access are my bedroom and the bathroom. Is that okay?" "Sure sounds great!" Phase one is complete. If I want to learn more about his father, I'll go to the source. "I know you said not to concern myself. But is your dad okay?" "He isn't the best person to be around." I tilt my head slightly. Well, that's helpful. Is he scared of his dad? "Are you-?" "Reginald Kastle!" A woman shouted from down the classroom. "Perhaps you can answer this question for me?" She asked with a devilish smirk. Well shit. "Who invented the light bulb?"

Everyone looked at me, waiting in anticipation. "Thomas Edison..." Green whispered under his prosthetic. "Thomas Edison," I answered. The teacher then looked pissed and clicked her tongue. "Pay attention and stop distracting, Kite!" I could then see Green shiver at the name. Kite? That's his real name, huh? "What kind of name is Kite?" One of the students whispered, and soon whispers and even rumors were starting to spread like wildfire around the classroom. Green covered his ears and placed his head on the table. At that moment, I felt my anger rise out of my chest, and I shouted. "EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP!" After my outburst, the class was silent. Green kept his head on the table, his hands off his ears. "Mr. Kastle! Go to the principal's office this instant!" Green shot his head up and stood, slamming his hands down on the table. "YOU CAN'T PUNISH HIM FOR TRYING TO DEFEND ME!" He shouted with such anger that even I slightly jumped. The teacher looked flabbergasted at Green's ear-bleeding shout.

Luckily both Me and Green were saved by the bell. Green faced down at the table, angrily grabbed his bag, and left the class. What surprised me the most was Green flipping off the teacher before leaving. I instantly grabbed my things and ran out after Green. "Green! Wait up!" "What..?" Green asked before turning to me. He gasped and quickly apologized, which I excused him. "Are you okay? You were real angry in there." "I just...couldn't believe she would even dare punish you for defending me!...Oh..yeah. My name..." He trailed off, rubbing his arm up and down. "I like it." Green looked at me quickly and put his fists in front of him. For a minute, I thought he was going to hit me. "Really?! Do you think so?! I used to think it was stupid! I'm glad you like it!" "Yeah, hehe.." Jeez, this man is acting like he just won the lottery. I smiled at that thought. To Green, it probably was the lottery win for him. "Can I still come to your house?". "Of course!" Green declared. Grabbing my arm, he led me out to the school entrance. So much for the principal's office. "Dude! We got to wait for my sister!" "Where is sh-?" "REGINALD!" Me and Green turned to the voice. Low and behold, it was my sister.

"Don't tell me you were going to leave without me!" She exclaimed, her fists on her hips. That's when I know I'm in deep trouble. "Sorry, I'm the one that dragged him out. He did think of you. He said, 'Dude! We got to wait for my sister!'" Rio looked at Green for a moment before turning to me. "Aww. Reginald? Is that true?" I swear I could hear the teasing in her voice. Rolling my eyes, I throw one of the helmets at Rio. "If you scratch it, you're dead." "You're letting ME drive it?!" "Yeah. You're old enough now, aren't you?" I teased. My sister pouted and clipped on the helmet. "What time are you coming home?" "I don't know." I plainly say. "Ready to go?" I turn to Green, and he nods excitedly. "See ya, Rio." "Bye, Reginald!" The engine started, and she was gone like a light. Thank god I'm saving up for a new one.

"You live pretty far away," I mumble as I watch people literally glued onto their phones, tablets, duel disks, and whatever else. I sighed and shoved my hands in my pockets. Hey. Don't get me wrong, technology is great and all. But, it's all people are ever on. "It's just up this hill," Green says, pointing up another stupid hill. I wonder if his dad drives him to school. "Hey Green, Shark!" Oh god. Why is HE here? "Hi, Yuma!" Green waved and went back down to greet Yuma. Could he have just ignored him?! With another roll of my eyes, I follow Green down the hill and greet Yuma. "Hey, Yuma. How's it going?" "Great! I was wandering around here, and I saw you guys. I don't want to sound rude, but why are you going up the hill?" "I live up there" "On a hill?!" Yuma exclaimed. Why is it that everything we say shocks this guy? "Can I come with you?" I look at Green and give him a face 'it's up to you' "I'm sure father wouldn't mind." Green replies. Green taps my and Yuma's shoulders. "You guys are it!" He declared, running back up. "OH! YOU'RE ON!" I shout and run after him, Yuma following beside me.

We lost that game. Me and Yuma were out of breath, while Green seemed fine. "Man, that was fun," Yuma says, standing back up. "So this is where you live?" "Yeah."

A cottage? Seems nice, but it looks abandoned. "Kite? Is that you, my boy?" We all turned to see a really, and I mean really, tall man. He has blonde hair and purple eyes. Not the best combination. He also has a weird vein poking out of his forehead. Is that normal? "Who are they?" "These are my friends, father." The man smiled and said. "See? Didn't I tell you you would make friends here?" Green nodded. "I got the things you requested." "Ah, wonderful. All you, come inside."

This cottage is big! I expected it to be small and barely have any room. No, this place has enough space to fit a rhino. "I believe introductions are in order. I'll go first. My name is Richard Tenjo, and you know I'm Kite's father. Now, what are your names?" "Yuma Tsukumo!" Yuma shouted. Jeez, what is this guy so cheery about?! "It's nice to meet you, Yuma. And you are?" "Shark Kastle," I said a bit too quickly. Green looked at me and tilted his head. That's how I can tell when he's confused. "Kite, you're not in school. You can take that thing off now." "I'd rather not. I'm leaving the things upstairs" With that, Green picked up his bag and left the room. "Sorry about him, boys. He's been very nervous since we came here." 

"Mr. Tenjo, where are you from?"