✦ ⋮ 2 ⋮ 03 ⋮ CARETAKER

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Roswaal mansion ┃ Guest room ┃ Morning ┃ Day 2

Kakine is laying on his bed and reading a book that was given to him as a way to test his reading skills. This book in particular is about folktales; and one of these folktales goes over the history regarding the dragon and the witch.

Kakine: (The Witch of Envy, huh...)

He's been in this room since the event at the dining table. Throughout his time being here in this room, he was taught to learn the many glyphs this world uses as its primary language.

The one who was instructed to teach him this world's reading and literacy was Ram.

To Ram's subtle surprise, Kakine was able to grasp and adapt to the language very thoroughly over night despite stating truthfully that he has no prior knowledge about it whatsoever.

Kakine: (These Ro-glyphs, I-glyphs and Ha-glyphs were surprisingly simple to decode once you're familiar with Latin and katakana. Although Ro-glyphs and Ha-glyphs are more phonetic...)

Kakine: (...I guess Academy City's learning and educational methods weren't all total trash. But I won't give them all the credit. All of this is due the mind of a level 5.)

The esper closed the book and casually tossed it to the side.

Kakine: (That aside... Something's definitely different. But what? What's going on with me?)

Kakine cocked his head to the side, perplexed. He wasn't referring to his new body, his mindset or his position in this new world, but his actions.

His mind flashed back to Emilia's smile. The one she gave him back at the thief's house.

Kakine: (Saving her... That kind of thing doesn't suit me. It's a totally different world from my own.)

He then began to sit up on the side of his bed.

Kakine: (Different world from my own...)

The #2 thought vaguely. He felt as if he collided into a dead end. However, something else was brought to his attention as he looked at nothing with a bored expression.

Kakine: "Another world. What a joke... If only I had... Hm?"

There was a sense of slothfulness present within the esper, until an idea popped in his head.

The pink-haired maid; Ram, was currently treading through the mansion, until suddenly; she hears a repeating noise coming from a a distance