Chapeter 1- Falling in the wrong crowd

My name is Rachael Crosby. I'm 15 years old and I go to Redwood Hills High school. I live with my mum and dad who, if I do say so myself, are pretty annoying. They never let me go out with my friends, Rochelle and Shayana. They basically segregate me from the rest of the world, trapping me inside their house. It is Sunday and I have school tomorrow but I wanna go out down town. I run down the stairs quickly to sit with my mum.
"Sup mum. Can I go out with Rochelle and Shay?"I ask.
"You have school tomorrow and it's too late now" she replies.
" Soooo ... 3 o'clock in the afternoon is late now?"
I see my mum give me 'the look' and I know that I should stop talking now. I groan loudly as I stomp my way back up to my room. As I enter my room, I slam the door shut, and drop down heavily onto my fluffy bed. I am not giving up just yet though. I pick up my iPhone and find Shayana in my Whatsapp contacts and I text : 'b there in 10 mins'. Contemplating, I am wondering how I am going to get out. I can't go through the front door because my mum will see and I'll be screwed. I look to my right and my attention is on my bedroom window. Throwing my phone down, I dart towards the window. If I jump down, I would drop into the flower beds and if mum doesn't hear, I'll be able to escape. I grab my phone and just before I jump, I realise something. My mum would probably be coming into my room to check on me. Quickly, I sprint to the door. My hands are shaking with excitement and anticipation. With my shivering hands, I lock the door and continue with my mission to escape. Tucking my phone into my back pocket, I put my legs over the window pane. Hesitantly, I leap over the edge and I land safely on the soft, spongy patch of flowers below me. Glancing around me, I check if my mum heard my fall. She didn't! I'm free at last.
*******************************************************************
I reach the bus stop and take a seat on the long, red and decaying metal bench. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring. I answer the phone and it is Shayana, saying that she is on her way.
She arrives soon after she calls me. She looks lovely; her chocolate brown skin is glowing in the sunshine and her hair looks luxurious, flowing just below her shoulder blades. I hug her tightly.
"Hey Shay! Haven't seen you in ages!" I say.
"I know it's been forever," she replies. She breaks away from our hug and she searches around in her bag. Out of her bag, she pulls out two lipsticks- one red and one pink. She puts the pink one into her pocket and hands me the red one. Shay has always liked to give me things, especially makeup. I thank her and proceed to put it on. I put it on very heavily and it matches my outfit perfectly.
"Looking great girl. It real-,"she is briefly interrupted by a phone call from her mum. She begins to shout and then she ends the call, frustrated. Wow, I wish I could stand up to my mum like that. Maybe I can...
We walk away from the bus stop and meet up with Rochelle. For the whole time we are out, I can't stop thinking about how I would finally stand up to my parents. Once and for all.