"He wants you," Alys answers simply, "He wants the three of you to be a family."

"We are not a family!" Cassana yells as she rises to her feet, "He killed my husband! He took me away from my family! He started the war!"

"You know of the war?" Alys asks.

"Yes," Cassana answers, "And I find it disgusting that you would serve him. His brother usurped the throne from the rightful queen, Rhaenyra Targaryen."

"You believe that I serve him?" Alys wonders as she tilts her head.

"He told you to check on me. You obeyed," Cassana answers, she quirks a brow, "Have I got something confused?"

Alys laughs softly and Cassana stares at her, trying to gauge any distinct features. Tully red hair or Tyrell regality, but she's unable to pinpoint anything. She couldn't even determine the age of the woman before her.

"You are the daughter of Alayne and Brandon Baratheon. The one who flew the dragon. Who married the Prince who was supposed to be queen," Alys speaks as she inches closer to Cassana, "I can't imagine how hard this is for you."

Cassana watches Alys wearily, "What are you talking about?"

"Give him what he wants, Cassana," Alys tells her, "You will see your son when you do. It'll make things easier."

"I don't want easier! I want my husband back! I want to go home to my family!" Cassana says her voice cracking, "I want to see my mother and father."

"Westeros is at war child," Alys responds shaking her head, "You may never see your parents again."

Cassana frowns at the words, but she knew Alys was right. However, she didn't need to hear that, especially when she never had the opportunity to say goodbye. She didn't know what was going on if her family had made a move against Aegon.

"Give in," Alys instructs, "So at the very least you may save your son."

"What is your last name?" Cassana demands.

"Rivers," Alys answers, "That doesn't help you, does it?"

They were in the Riverlands. Cassana's lips curve in a small smile as she remembers the plan. Daemon was to come to the Riverlands. Daemon would save her, she just had to endure.

"No," Cassana answers, "It doesn't."

Alys stares at Cassana, knowing that she was lying. She sighs as she looks away from Cassana and at the ground. She found the young woman to be too strong-willed and tactless. All noble women were, they had been given wiggle room their entire life. She didn't know how to manipulate the situation. She didn't know how to take the way a bastard knew how. 

"Just do as he asks," Alys says softly as she heads toward the door.

"One last question," Cassana says and Alys sighs as she spins and looks at Cassana, "Can you check on Laenor? Please?"

Alys looks at Cassana and doesn't say anything before heading out of the room, closing the door behind her. Cassana sat down and drew her legs close to her chest. She was in the Riverlands. Laenor was alive. Daemon would come to save her. Everything would be fine.

•••

Rhaenyra had been a girl the last time she had visited the Eyrie. She did not recall her cousin Jeyne Arryn, but she knew that she valued family. She would value that Rhaenyra herself came to speak with her and for that, she would protect the people that meant most to her.

Jeyne Arryn was a woman of thirty and five. She was unmarried and had ruled the Vale since the death of her father and brothers when she was three. Rumors had stated that she had gone through every man in the Vale and then some, but Alayne had always had her suspicions. She always believed that Jeyne had preferred the company of women and had made jokes about how if she had been Lady of Oldtown, she would have been like Jeyne. Unmarried with rumors following her everywhere.