Making preparations

Start from the beginning

Anne: "Yeah, but..."

Anne looks over to the Plantars who all look sad.

Marcy: "Anne, right now you have to follow your head, not your heart. The Plantars got you here, to me and Y/n. It's time to let them get back to their lives. Why don't you guys take the day to say goodbye?"

Y/n: "Yeah that'll give me and Marcy time to prepare."

The Plantars and Anne tear up.

Andrias: "You folks want a giant tissue? Seriously, you would not believe the size of these tissues. Haha. I'll get you one."

Andrias leaves and returns with a giant tissue the Plantars leave. You and Marcy take the book and head back to your room and begin preparing for the journey ahead. You and Marcy start studying the book to learn as much as you can about the temple, you learn that it is in a forest in frog valley and that it was filled with difficult challenges to keep out the unworthy and this one was meant to rest your intellect.

Marcy: "Hmm. It says here that no frog, toad or newt in history has been able to survive it."

Y/n: "That ain't good."

Marcy: "Don't worry, because none of them were Marcy Wu, undefeated head of the chess club, master RTS player, straight-A-student, except for in gym, but only because I was reading during class which only proves my point!"

Y/n: "Undefeated? I beat you in chess once."

Marcy: "That was unofficial so it doesn't count."

Y/n: "Yeah alright."

You and Marcy continued to prepare for the journey. You and Marcy started gathering supplies since it would be a days journey to Wartwood, while you and Marcy gathered the supplies you she tripped over a box and you caught her just before she hit the ground. You catch her bridal style.

Y/n: "You alright Marcy?"

Marcy: "Oh, yeah, thanks Y/n."

Marcy had a slight blush on her face and you realize you are still holding her. You help her up and get back to preparing. Every once and awhile you caught Marcy staring at you with a slight blush and was dropping some supplies and was a little more clumsy then usual, you decided to just ignore it for now.

Timeskip
POV: Y/n

After awhile you and Marcy left to say goodbye to the Plantars. Anne and the Plantars had finished packing up the Fwagon. Marcy grabs Anne's shoulder.

Marcy: "Have a safe trip back, Plantars. Let us know when you get the music box, and we'll send someone to come get it."

Hop Pop: "Thank you kindly, Marcy."

Marcy let's go of Anne shoulder and steps away from her. Anne starts to tear up and hugs the Plantars. Marcy moves her hand to her chest and looks away you grab her shoulder seeing how she's feeling.

Hop Pop: "No more tears, you all. We'll see each other again."

Anne: "Will we, though? When?"

Hop Pop: "I don't know, but we're family, and family's always finds each other."

Hop Pop and Polly walk away.

Anne and Sprig: "Spranne against the world!"

They do a handshake and hug each other at the end of it. Marcy waves at the Plantars as they leave.

Marcy: (sighs) "I'm sorry, Anne. This just made the most sense."

Anne: "I know. I know. Logical thing to do."

Marcy reached out her hand to grab Anne's shoulder to comfort her but stops herself and thinks for a moment.

Marcy: (sigh) "Y'know, the more I think about it, maybe sending a servant to get the music box isn't such a good idea. We need someone looking after that thing the moment Hop Pop gets it back. Someone we trust."

Anne looks over to Marcy and you.

Marcy: "I'm sure me and Y/n can handle the preparations here by ourselves."

Y/n: "We'll just come pick you up on the way to the first-"

Anne hugs you both cutting you off.

Y/n: "temple."

Anne: "Thanks, Marcy, Y/n."

Marcy pats Anne's back.

Marcy: "Now go. Follow your heart."

Anne: "Okay, later. Bye!"

Anne runs off to join the Plantars. You and Marcy are happy for but are also sad to see her leave. Marcy puts her head on your shoulder. Andrias walks up behind you.

Andrias: "Always sad to see someone go, isn't it? I have a proposition for you two. And I think you'll both find it very interesting."

A/n here sorry for the late chapter again, this chapter is a smaller one with only 1274 words. Hope you all enjoyed this one, and as always leave ideas or suggestions in the comments or if you want you can always message me.