Father's Day

A light breeze filled the room as the sounds of singing birds made the lion demon stir. His eyes slowly opened as he did his best not to look directly at the sunlight coming through the window. Luckily for him the cave didn't get much in the terms of lighting so his eyes adjusted pretty quickly.

He looked next to him to see the soft orange fur of the monkey king. The monkey was curled up into his side snoring softly. The breeze ruffled his fur just a bit, not enough to disturb him. His face was so sweet and peaceful he almost found it hard to believe this was the same monkey that caused havoc in heaven. His tail, which was usually intertwined with Macaque's was wrapped around his leg.

Speaking of their wife, he looked around the bed and noticed the shadow demon was no where to be seen. It wasn't so odd, usually Macaque was the first to get up. His sensitive hearing often made it hard for him to sleep in.

Azure nudged the monkey king gently, trying to wake him up "come on Sunlight time to get up."

The king just grumbled and curled up even more "....5 more minutes...."

The lion chuckled "i need to go to the bathroom and your tail is holding me hostage."

"Sucks to be you" the king yawned and his tail tightened around the leg.

Azure huffed and pushed himself up which earned an annoyed whimper from the king "don't leave.....I'll be cold..."

A loud yelp from the kitchen made the lion jump and the monkey sit up wide awake. They shared a concerned look and left the bed, past comfort forgotten and replaced with concern.

They made their way out of the room, Azure was hoping their other mate was okay and Wukong was cursing his lack of a weapon. Regardless they peeked into the kitchen to see the black furred monkey holding his tail. His face was scrunched up in pain, tears in the corner of his eyes. A small hissing sound could be heard from the demon.

The two little demon gave their mother a worried look. A flood of apologies leaving the one with white and orange fur. The little monkey had tears in her eyes, feeling guilty about hirting her mom.

Macaque took a few breathes before address the little cub "Lilith sweetie it's ok, j-just watch for my tail ok my little eclipse?"

The little cub sniffed and nodded her head "ok mama im sorry."

Macaque cooed at her and whiped her tears away "now come on we gotta finish this."

The second little cub looked at the pan and her eyes widened in panic "Mama! Its burning!"

Macaque cursed and quickly moved back to the stove. The shadow tried his best to save the eggs and luckily Lánxiù warned him in time. Only a small portion was burned and he was able to scrap it off. Lilith climbed onto her step stool and tried to look in the pan.

"Is it ruined mama?"

Macaque sighed in relief, the last thing he needed was a fire "no sweetie its just fine."

The poor shadow monkey was at his wits end and the two cubs weren't making this any easier. They were desperate to help make breakfast for their papa's and Macaque couldn't tell them no. His mind buzzed and idea popped in.

"Hey why don't you two go gather the monkey's and get some fruit for breakfast~" he hoped this would entice the cubs.

Lilith and Lánxiù share an excited look and nod "okay mama!"

Macaque smiled and tighed up Lánxiù's hair so she wouldn't be bother by it. Once the shadow demon was done the little lioness hybrid nuzzled his cheek before running outside with her sister. Macaque made sure to send a shadow clone after them, like their father's the girls were natural born trouble maker's.