Chapter 3

*Sam's POV

"Spencer?"

"Hey Bran. Miss me?" Spencer slowly approached where Brandon now stood next to Sam. Sam glanced between the two, not entirely sure what to do. Could this be her? The Spencer that Brandon had mentioned when they first started dating?

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Yep, Sam thought. Definitely her.

Spencer slowly took another step forward, "Please Brandon, just hear me out."

"Spencer!" Brandon shouted causing both Sam and Spencer to jump, "Either you can tell me what you are doing here right now, or you can get the hell out."

Spencer glanced around at the gawking customers before speaking, "Could we, um, go somewhere private to talk?" Brandon sighed in frustration and turned to look over at Sam who just nodded in approval. Untying his apron, Brandon placed it on the counter along with his order book before ushering Spencer into the back managers office. Sam sent him one last look of encouragement before he disappeared behind closed doors. With his ex. Well didn't this all just turn to shit.

Sam let out a huff as she took up her spot once again on the stool. Glancing around the dinner she finally stopped to examine the thin piece of wire which was wrapped tightly around her finger. She smiled down at it as memories of the first day they met flooded back.

Flashback - 2 years ago

"Shakespeare huh?" Brandon looked up from the book he was reading, his eyes locking onto the tall thin girl standing in front of him. Her bright red hair was pulled up into a messy bun and her black glasses were perched on the bridge of her nose. She wore a pair of black converse, light wash denim shorts and a black crop top. Brandon nodded, earning a small smile from the girl as she placed her bag on the table and slid into the seat next to his.

"Honestly, in my opinion, Shakespeare is seriously overrated." Brandon closed his book and set it on his desk as she pulled her legs up underneath her.

"Really? Well, who says I wanted your opinion in the first place?" The girl scoffed as she extended her hand out to him, "I'm Sam by the way."

Brandon took it politely, "Brandon." Sam smiled and nodded in approval.

End Flashback

Sam's phone buzzed on the table pulling her from her memories. Unlocking it, she opened up the new message.

Hey, where are you guys? Class starts in 10 min. Oh, and JP says hi. - Caleb

Smiling at her ridiculous friends, she hopped off her stool and went around behind the counter. Grabbing both hers and Brandon's bags from the floor, she made her way to the back room where they had disappeared. Without any hesitation she yanked open the door and threw Brandon his bag, hitting him square in the chest, "We've got 10 minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*3rd Person POV

"Sam, wait up!" Sam tightened her grip on her bag as she continued down the hallway to first period. She glanced around at the dwindling students watching the scene in front of them.

"Samantha, stop!" Sam was mere inches from her classroom door when she came to a halt. Anger flashed in her eyes and her blood began to boil as she whipped around, "Oh, so now you know my name!" The students in the hallway stopped moving as the scene played out in front of them. Brandon slowly began to approach Sam, "Please, can we not discuss this right now?"

"Not discuss what? Not discuss the fact that while we were making out earlier, you said your exes name!" Sam could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as she spoke. Brandon took another step towards her and started to speak when she cut him off, "You know what, how about we don't discuss anything right now, and when you figure everything out, come find me. Until then, stay away."
With that, she turned on her heel and entered the door on her right, slamming it shut behind her.