Operation: Double Agent

The night, as the crowd started to cheer, Gabriel went up to the stage to prepare for their performance of a lifetime.

(^ This is the song Gabriel sings as their opening performance.)

Meanwhile, as the concert is doing well, the remaining crew prepared their phase 2 act for the night.

"Operation: Big Bird is a go!" One reported through their walkie.
"Copy that."

They began grabbing their equipment and started to break inside a jewelry store nearby. Making sure the alarm didn't ring, they followed suit of the infiltration as planned and stole little amount of things: some diamond rings, a beautiful necklace, and a few expensive watches. However, as they prepared to leave, one of the members knocked down one expensive vase, making it crash as loud as it could for the bell to ring out.

"Great job, Glen!" cursed out Toru.
"It's not like I did it on purpose, Toru."
"No time for that, guys! Look alive!" shouted the leader.

Just then, Hawks, who flew right inside the jewelry store, looked a bit smugged at the interaction.

"Looks like someone has to pay for the broken vase and sadly, I'm not rich enough to pay for that freely."

Some stood there quietly as his quirk started to go towards their costumes. While they dodged a few of its attack, others got captured easily.

"Looks like we're taking this the hard way!" the leader cried out as he prepared his quirk which were spikes growing from his hands.

He started to shoot the feathers as they got poked and pinned to the ground floor.
Hawks felt the pain and started to get his bigger feather to block its attack.

"Now's our chance!!" he yelled out as one used his portal quirk.

In rage, Toru ran towards them with his quirk, but was held tightly by the number of feathers pinning them to the wall.

"Toru!" cried out Kara as she transformed into a bird to pluck out the feathers out.
"Looks like there's another bird in our presence." admired Hawks as he used his remaining feathers to capture Kara. "And a cute one at that."

Within a second, he felt a presence of the leader reaching towards him with a sharp spike from their hand as they struck for an attack. He used his sharp large feather to block the spike, but it started to ache entirely from the attack.

"And you seem a formidable foe."
"Not like you've ever faced before."

They continued to fight as the remaining members continued to escape through the portal. Hawks fell towards the ground as the leader escaped from his grasp, disappearing through the portal. When they left, Hawks was more shocked: there's not one villain he's ever let escape before. So, this was a new experience he would ever forget.

The next morning, the Commission called Hawks in for a meeting to figure out what happened that night. He explained clearly in details about the fight and the characters he met.

"I see." Commisioner replied, "Is that why the items which were considered stolen were left as was the next day?"
"What?!"
"Apparently," explained the Commisioner's assistant, "from what we saw in the videos after you left, we did some research on the video footage from the CCTV and from what we saw, we did see their attack, but when we rewind the attack from earlier, it looked like someone was placing those items back to where they belonged in the beginning, as if they never left in the first place."

He thought about it carefully as they continued to examine the situation. If they were there to steal, then why did they bring it back?

"Also," he continued, "we also recognized a pattern from something we noticed on last night's performance."
"Performance?" questioned Hawks
"Yes," the Commissioner nodded, "take a look."

They pulled up the video of both the performance and the bank attack and noticed that their moves were similar to the dance moves the performer in question was doing. The strike where the spikes struck, the performer was pointing their item at the crowd with as if it was a gun. As Hawks and the person fought, the performer mimicked the exact same way. It was weird: like the performer was following their every move or vice versa. Suddenly, as I glanced at the performer in question, something about them was shocking. I looked at their eyes as I saw their vibrant color in the concert.

"No way..." I thought internally, "Is that?"

Sure enough, as the performer revealed her hoodie, I recognized her in an instance. Even though she still had her black raven hair and purple amethyst eyes, it was her: YN! Alive and well! But how? I thought she died from the accident years ago, so how did she?

"Is something wrong?" questioned the Commisioner.
"Tell me:" I spoke, "What happened to YN years ago?"
"We told you: she died during a mission and that was all."
"I know about her death. I've seen the report before. But what I wanted to know: why was she there that day?"

Madam President and the Commisioner's assistant went silent for a moment.
He then realized what it meant: they had sent her to her death.

"She was meant to be the double agent for us in hopes that we could find any hints of All for One's plans so we could stop him! Requested by the previous hero herself when she passed: Nana Shimura. However, we were unable to get any info from her when she passed. Or so we believed."
"What are you talking about?"
"We didn't want to tell you this," Commisioner spoke up, "but YN didn't actually die that day."

I froze in shock.
My theory was right after all: she's alive all this time. But why?!

"We hid her from you," she continued, "to ensure that any loose ends may not affect you as a hero that you were becoming. Unfortunately, though, her power was too great that even keeping her isolated made it dangerous to our sanctuary. Then one night, she disappeared without a trace that we even assumed that these people you came across had something to do with it."

After hearing their explanation, it all made sense to me.
Why they were always so persistent of not letting me look for YN.
Why whenever I ask about their work, they always not talk about it.
And why when I last saw YN, they didn't mention the type of work they were doing.
Their explanation made me so angry I gripped my hands tightly in rage.

"So... when you said she died... that was all a lie?"
"To ensure you don't end up searching for her all this time."

I punched the wall next to me in anger as I glared at them.

"You know how much YN meant to me! And this is how you treat me?!"
"Be still, Hawks. We trained you to be a hero for this."
"No. You trained me to be a soldier. What YN taught me was to be a hero with heart."
"We don't need you to fall flat over a measly hero."
"YN was never a measly hero. She was the pro hero anyone would've been lucky enough to accept. Even me!"

I stormed off the Commision's office angrily and flew away from their agency for a while.

"Was that really necessary, ma'am?" the assistant inquired. "You know, to tell him."
"It was so we know how important his next assignment is for him."
"I don't think he wants to do any of that, ma'am."
"He will if we have a trump card on our sleeve."