Chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"I'll have the driver take you home, my family is more important to me right now,"i say not thinking twice. The last thing I'd want is my siblings loosing both parents together. She doesn't utter a word as i dial my driver to pull up. Mom is still sobbing on my shoulder and i rub her back unable to understand what she's going through. "I'm here mom,"i say watching Amelia walk away with her head down. They need me right now and I'd do anything to ease their pain. Once mom has pulled herself together we go back in with her insisting she has calls to make so i go in alone thinking dad is asleep but he's just staring out the window into the city. "Dad why didn't you tell me?"i ask but he's still quiet.

"It wouldn't have made any difference,"he says not even looking at me which irritates me Abit. "It would have! I would have made sure you got the best treatment and you'd have fought it," i say angrily breaking down as i continue. I looked up to him since i was small and he was leaving me? "It's already done mia ragazza. Just promise me you'll stop being difficult with love. It's the most beautiful thing someone could experience,"he says but i don't want to listen to him talking like he's dying the next minute. "This is why I don't want to experience love ever. Look at how broken mom is to be losing someone she loves,"i say and he just chuckles lightly. "Love is not conditional Fabiana and it's timeless too. So enjoy it while it lasts and when it comes to an end be thankful for what it offered you,"he says sounding all smart with his facts.

"Also i want to spend my last days with all of you not on this hospital bed,"he says and i immediately know what to do. A honourable man like him didn't deserve to die in a detergent smelling room so i start making arrangements to have a guestroom set up for him with everything he'd need with the doctors directions ofcourse. "Dad I'll be back in a minute,"i say leaning over to kiss his forehead before going to find the doctor. I don't know how mom and Amelia are going to live under the same roof but right now i just want to do everything my dad wants. When i find his doctor i fill her in on the plan to discharge him and she's not on board with it. "This is the last thing we get to do for him and if that means breaking ever hospital protocol then so be it for you,"i say storming off.

He was my dad. "It's not about that. Your mom needs to sign the release papers,"she says showing them to me and i practically insisted on her coming back with me for mom to sign. It would be selfish of her not to knowing how much dad needs it. I call her to know where she is but meet her in the hallway on the phone. The only words i could make out we're her saying to get it done. I let the doctor walk her through it and I'm greatful she doesn't turn this into a miss Gianni moment. By the time I'm done with everything I'm exhausted. Mom offers to stay with dad insisting we should all go home because it's been days since we slept on actual beds. I was reluctant but dad insisted saying i needed to go home to my wife. The three of us get an Uber home because neither my driver nor Amelia is picking up which is odd because he picks up on the first ring.

When we get to the mansion only Diana is there managing the house as usual. "Where's Amelia?" I ask like i awalys do when i come home and she's not down stairs doing something annoying. "I thought she was with you,"she says genuinely making me become more aware of the situation. "Maybe she went to her parents. Did you piss her off again?" Haviana asks ready to pounce on me of i said yes so i ignore her and decide to wait a few more minutes before burying my own grave with her parents. It's been over thirty minutes and Haviana is already freaking out for both of us. I'm about to call her mom when the door opens and she walks in with a blue sling on her shoulder and a few cuts on the side of her forehead with my driver helping her.

"What happened to her?!"i ask him coldly. I was paying him to drive safely so what happened to my Amelia? Wait what!my Amelia? "Miss there was a car accident and the impact came from her side but i got her to hospital as soon as possible," he says with his voice shaking. "Fabi relax its just a dislocated shoulder," she says softly removing her free hand from around his neck . "Why didn't you call me?"i ask dismissing her and still focusing on him. "He wanted to but i practically smashed his phone. You already have enough on your plate,"she answers for him and it's really getting to me. "shut up and let him speak for himself goddamnit!" I say losing control over my pitch startling her. I need to stop doing that. Haviana holds my arm to calm me down and i do.

I ask her to help her to our room but she's reluctant to leave me alone with him. "Promise you won't fire him,"she pleads and i hate making promises i can't keep. If i don't implement my authority properly how will they get everything done how i ask? "Amelia stop trying me,"i say clenching my jaw but she's still standing there waiting. "Fine i won't,"i say knowing damn well that promise is a good as void. I watch them go into my room before turning my attention back to him. "Your fired. Your monthly paycheck will be handed to you in the morning,"i say crushing any hope he had of keeping this job because Amelia was fond of him. This is why I wasn't friends with my staff because they'd start slacking on their jobs thinking I'd let it slide. So unprofessional.