The Unsure

Dinner was great, after threatening he at least let's me walk him to his house but Kenny doesn't think I'm ready for the South Park shit show called his parents... those were his words... but dad just offers to drive him.. which beats the fun of walking with him.

"Dad we moved to South Park because it safer in your words for me to grow up and explore... so let us be" I give my father a look and he gives in.

"Are you sure?" Kenny questions.

"I am a woman with strength of a mountain plus I can call dad to pick me up from yours... I just want to talk longer" we exit my house after Kenny grabs his school book. We exit my house and begin to walk.

"So Kenneth what would you do if I ask to hang out with you again just us?" I ask.

"YES!.... I mean I'd say yes" Smooth save there Kenny.

"Koolies I will think about asking you then" I laugh as we walk the dim streets of South Park. Just two teenage losers who are barely friends being weird. Kenny stops randomly.

"We are half way" he sighs, he looks at me.

"The fat ass didn't lie... I am poor, I'm use to it and I deal with it but showing you makes me feel ashamed.." a coldness comes over us as we stand there.

"Oh shit" he mutters taking off his Parker and hands it to me without a choice.

"You don't need to freeze for me" I smirk, after he death stares me I give in putting my arms in, it was massive on me...

"Give it back to me tomorrow.... Got to make Bebe sus about us" he laughs.

"Deal, then those other girls will flip their shits" I laugh.

"They might even call you easy" he jokes.

"Wouldn't be the first time..." a huff in announce leaves my mouth.

"Seems like a long story.." he questions.

"Yeah it is but short version is I got drunk, a football idiot kissed me and said more happened... basically high school" I roll my eyes.

"Dude I'm the opposite the school doesn't realise half the shit I've done... since they don't remember half of it " he mutters the latter of the conversation just enough for me to hear but not to understand.

"Man whore" I smirk.

"Good girl" he returns the smirk.

"Okay so I don't go crazy like others our age but give me time and I'll OD or get on 16 and pregnant" I laugh.

"I doubt that but I can help on both accounts" he nudges me as we continue to walk... I notice that the area we are walking towards isn't as clean and nice looking as the rest of South Park but who am I to judge...

We finally come to a stop a railway lines, seems like a big metaphor for living on the wrong side of the tracks but this is real life so I doubt metaphors are in play.

"Well thank you for walking me home.. hanging with you and your dad was interesting. Maybe next time it can just be us" he smirks.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow" I smile back, I give in to a random thought and hug Kenny before turning around to start walking back. Before I can he hands me a pocket knife for safety apparently.

"Be careful" he sighs walking into his house, as his front door unlocks I can hear streaming from a man and a woman... he sighs again before closing the door behind him.

I begin to walk in the direction of my house with a weird feeling that something bad is going to go down... it's probably anxiety from walking home in an unfamiliar area but it's a straight line walk from Here to home.