Ch-21: Ambushed By a Ghost?

Start from the beginning

Spider-Man, just like he said, was swinging about the building of Lincoln Square, eventually landing in his crouched position nearby the Metropolitan Opera

Spider-Man, just like he said, was swinging about the building of Lincoln Square, eventually landing in his crouched position nearby the Metropolitan Opera. As he does so, he checks his HUD for anything, but there seems to be nothing.

"Looks like everything is okay..." Spider-Man said to himself, then his spider-sense goes off. "Wait..."

"Spider-Man, what's going on?" Andrea's voice asks.

Spider-Man was about to answer, only for the whistling of a projectile incoming gets his attention. He looks over his shoulder, just in time to see a missile flying right at him! With quick reflexes, he leaps out of the way of the missile before shooting his web at it and begins to spin it around then send it skywards, the missile flying up before detonating in the sky up above.

Tengu hears a dull thud of an explosion and sees the fireball in the air. "Guys, we've got trouble! Spider-Man needs an assist!" He performs a backflip roll before shooting forward with a supersonic wave in his wake.

"Heading to Lincoln Square now!" Goldeneye replied.

At once, Goldeneye shifts up a gear before slamming his foot into the accelerator, the car's engine revving loudly with screeching tyres. Agent Venom now smirks under his mask as they accelerate away towards Lincoln Square.

Up on the top of the building, Spider-Man was keeping his senses on high alert, just as another two missiles are sent flying straight at him! He shoots webs at one before spinning it around and launches it back at the second missile, blasting it a...

Up on the top of the building, Spider-Man was keeping his senses on high alert, just as another two missiles are sent flying straight at him! He shoots webs at one before spinning it around and launches it back at the second missile, blasting it apart. Another third missile also shot from out of nowhere, Spider-Man leaping in the air to dodge it, just as another shoots at him! Just as it gets close, Tengu divebombs in and slices through the missile with his wings, making it explode in pieces.

"Nice timing, Tengu." Spider-Man commented, then shot webbing at another incoming missile and sent it flying upwards before it detonated. "These things just keep coming!"

Tengu hovers in the air. "Where are they coming from?"

"I don't know, but my spider-sense is going haywire!" Spider-Man replied, dodging another volley of missiles, as well as incoming gunfire, Tengu utilising his wings and armour as shielding for his webslinger partner. "I can't seem to see where it's coming from!"